At Bath & Body Works, everyone belongs. We are committed to creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture focused on delivering exceptional fragrances and experiences to our customers. We focus on recruiting, retaining, and advancing diverse talent where our associate population is as diverse as the communities we serve, live and work. In addition, we work to improve our communities and our planet in a way that will make us proud for years to come because we believe the world is a brighter, happier place when everyone has access to the things that make them happy.
We invite you to join Gingham Nation, where we invest in our associates through competitive compensation, benefits, and development opportunities, so they can continue to be their best at work, at home, and in their communities.
Our store leaders are the front line of our field leadership team: they’re retail and customer-savvy, dedicated brand ambassadors and thrive on the connections we make with our customers. As an Assistant Store Manager, you will enjoy the opportunity to work in partnership with the Store manager to develop outstanding associates, deliver exceptional and consistent customer experiences, and positively impact growth across Bath & Body Works.
- Attract, hire, develop, inspire, and retain top talent
- Teach, coach, and train to improve the success and selling potential of all associates
- Effectively and fairly lead and drive high-performance of all associates
- Set and reinforce clear and concise performance expectations, results goals, and accountability with all associates
- Build a highly satisfied and loyal customer base through engagement, conversion and gathering customer phone and e-mail information
- Meet payroll targets by ensuring appropriate sales floor coverage and maintaining a selling focus
- Implement and sustain magazine direction to optimize business and bring the product story to life
- Consistently lead the focus on delivering emotionally engaging customer experiences while implementing sales strategies
- Partner with the members of the sales leadership team to support action plans that optimize results and ensure effective execution of operational activities
- Maintain policies and procedures
- Incorporate Asset Protection and safety messages into daily operations
Qualifications & Experience
- Prior experience in leading teams in a customer-based sales environment
- Proven track record driving sales results
- Strong communication and ability to foster a customer centric selling culture
- Able to provide in the moment coaching to associates
- Availability for varied weekly shifts including weekend, closing and peak periods
- Prior sales management experience preferred
- High School Diploma or GED Certificate
- Lead with Curiosity & Humility
- Build High Performing Teams for Today & Tomorrow
- Influence & Inspire with Vision & Purpose
- Observe, Engage & Connect
- Strive to Achieve Operational Excellence
- Deliver Business Results
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not make employment decisions based on an individual’s race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status, and we comply with all laws concerning nondiscriminatory employment practices. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for associates and job applicants with disabilities. Our management team is dedicated to ensuring fulfillment of this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, associate activities and general treatment during employment. We only hire individuals authorized for employment in the Canada.