Bardon Supplies Limited is a subsidiary of Deschenes Group Inc. and a leading Wholesale Distributor of Industrial, Commercial and Residential plumbing, heating and air conditioning equipment, and industrial pipe, valves & fittings. We are searching for an entry level Warehouse Person for our branch located in Belleville, Ontario on our Afternoon Shift. Regular hours of work are Sunday to Thursday 4:00 p.m. to 12:30 a.m.
Reporting to the Warehouse Supervisor, position is responsible for picking orders, packing orders, shipping and receiving.
- Prepares and packs the orders for loading and shipping and double checks all picked orders for accuracy of count and type of material.
- Assists with receiving tasks, verifies stock and places material in appropriate locations designated by the Receiving Report.
- Loads company vehicles/trucks when all material is ready for delivery to ensure prompt and accurate deliveries and to ensure all material loaded is secured and safe for delivery.
- Responsible to maintain a safe and clean warehouse and counter area for other employees and customers by keeping aisles and shelves clear of objects and/or potential danger.
- To use and maintain equipment (ie.material handling equipment, pump trucks) in a safe manner and to inform supervisor immediately of any problems with equipment.
- To assist in the physical inventory.
- All other duties required or assigned by supervisor.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
- Grade 12 diploma
- Some previous experience in a warehouse environment as order picker/packer is an asset
- Experience operating counterbalance forklift, order picker and Reach truck
- Read and write English
- Mathematical skills
- Strong organization skills
- Team player
- Physical labour required, lifting and loading
Why this position may be right for you
- Competitive Salary
- Profit Sharing Plan
- Comprehensive Health Benefits
- RRSP Contribution Matching
- Learning & Development Opportunities
- A Supportive and Positive Work Environment
Bardon Supplies Limited welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those who will be granted an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site gym
- On-site parking
- Profit sharing
- RRSP match
- Vision care