Be a part of innovation, success and teamwork! We are currently looking for a talented Front-End Developer for our Waterloo Innovation Centre.
Exciting things are happening at HealthHub! We are striving to make a difference in Canadian healthcare. We understand our customers’ needs and work together, as a team, to remove obstacles and barriers as we support beneficial changes in the healthcare community. Our ultimate goal is to improve healthcare in Canada by helping doctors do more doctoring, nurses do more nursing, and administrators to be more productive to serve their patients.
Are you looking for a challenge? Do you want to make a difference in Canadian healthcare? HealthHub is building a new leading-edge hospital healthcare software applications Innovation Centre in Waterloo that will build the next generation of patient-centric staff-friendly healthcare applications.
Reporting to the Waterloo Innovation Centre Manager, you will innovate, develop and deliver applications for use in Hospitals on the HealthHub platform.
- Develop, deploy and maintain user-facing features that are delighting for the user based on pre-established requirements and quality attributes. Users include patients and medical care staff.
- Be a self-starter who is looking to learn and develop new skills to deploy the best tools for the job.
- Advocate for end-user accessibility in our solutions.
- Optimize application for performance and scalability.
- Work in an Agile environment with a focus on team and self improvement.
- Collaborate with teammates and other development teams to understand user requirements while developing new features and improving existing ones.
- Discuss new features with our product team and contribute to definition of the best solutions possible. Keeping in mind our business needs and timelines.
- Develop and maintain high quality and valuable automated tests.
- Investigate customer reported issues and be responsive to our support teams.
- Write quality, test-supported code and participate in peer code reviews.
- Pro-actively seek out ways to enhance our applications through innovation.
- B.Sc. in Computer Science or B.Eng. in Software Engineering or equivalent.
- Python/Django experience or strong understanding of MVC frameworks and patterns.
- Minimum 2 years professional experience with either ReactJS, Angular or VueJS.
- Comfortable in a Linux Development Environment.
- Examples of empathy towards Accessibility development.
- Knowledge of Git and how to use it in a collaborative environment.
- Experience with CI/CD tools such as Travis CI, CircleCI, or Gitlab CI.
- Creative approach and an eye for usability and accessibility.
- Experience working in an agile team.
- Able to deliver clean and maintainable code.
- Strong communication skills.
- Experience with cloud-based tools.
- Works effectively with remote peers.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and process improvement skills.
You’ll be continually learning and applying knowledge of new technologies, and best practices to improve an already great culture and an effective work environment. Be part of a team that welcomes transparency, collaboration and open communication. Join us on our journey. While it won’t always be easy, it will be exciting and rewarding!
In addition to working with great people in a supportive work culture every day, we offer competitive compensation, excellent benefits, opportunities for career advancement and significant on-the-job training.
If this sounds like you, please apply with your resume and cover letter by March 4, 2019, quoting "Front-End Developer - Waterloo". If you require accommodations in the interview or hiring process, please advise Human Resources. We thank all applicants, however, only those qualified will be considered for interviews.
HealthHub is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by law.
Job Type: Full-time
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)
- Waterloo, ON (Preferred)