At Hollyburn Community Services Society, We provide a continuum of supports to youth, seniors, individuals and families with social vulnerabilities on the North Shore. Whether you are new to the social services field and want to gain experience, are a veteran in this field, or seeking a new career path, we may have the perfect opportunity for you!
Hollyburn Community Services Society is hiring a social work student (BSW/ MSW) to work during the summer doing outreach, casework and project work in the areas of seniors, youth, family and indigenous homelessness. The position is flexible but must be at least eight weeks in duration, with a flexible start and end date between May and August. The pay rate is $26/hour, and the work is minimum 30hours/week, with flexibility to accommodate student and client schedules. The work will take place mostly on the North Shore at the Hollyburn office and in the community. The student must be:
- Under 30
- a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act; and,
- legally entitled to work in Canada and have a valid Social Insurance Number
The position includes weekly clinical supervision by an MSW with additional group supervision and training opportunities. This posting can be structured as a paid practicum if allowed by your school.
We can draw from our multiple programs to tailor a summer job experience suited to the student's talents and interests and may include the following activities:
1. Case management, housing/income advocacy and providing support for clients with multiple barriers including mental health, trauma, addictions and criminal justice system involvement.
2. Counselling and therapeutic support (only for Masters level students)
3. Attend community meetings and events
4. Work on social justice and anti-violence oriented research and projects
5. Group Work
6. Planning and running events
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter.
The application deadline is Wednesday, May 25th.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $26.00 per hour
- social services: 1 year (preferred)
Application deadline: 2022-05-25