As a Sr. Project Manager, you will be responsible for the concurrent management of multiple major multi-million dollar projects. The Sr. Project Manager provides leadership and direction to project teams comprised of internal and external partners through all phases of projects including budgeting, planning, design, construction, occupancy and closing. The Senior Project Manager will need to maintain an extensive working knowledge of the acceptable procurement policies, procedures, industry standards, finance and administration procedures, and project delivery methodologies.
· Lead and Coordinate the TRC 3yr Capital plan
· Assisting to prepare and oversee the capital budget, and to ensure associated project financial accountability, contract and schedule management, and quality control and assurance
· Work with process owners, senior leaders and relevant stakeholders to define, acquire and direct the necessary resources for project teams as well as project requirements and deliverables
· Liaise with 3rd party vendors/consultants to investigate alternative methods of achieving the project deliverables
· Assist the client with preparing the business case for the project
· Prepare Project Charters, User Requirements Documents, and assist process owners in completing relevant project approval documents
· Develop detailed project Schedules & identify major milestones for successful completion of the project
· Obtain budget level cost estimates for all aspects of the project and prepare the overall project budget
· Assess potential risks and propose risk mitigation strategies
· Work with client and stakeholders to ensure internal resource availability and allocation
· Resolve conflicts to deliver project objectives
· Manage changes to project scope, timing, and/or budget
· Monitor and approve all budgeted project expenditures
· Maintain comprehensive project documentation
· Chair regular meetings with stakeholders to provide status updates and manage progress
· Provide regular status updates to senior leaders
· Escalate issues as required
· Participate in establishing and documenting company wide processes for PMO
· Perform other duties and complete additional projects as assigned, commensurate with job knowledge and experience
· Bachelor’s degree in science or engineering or a similar degree or related experience
· 3-5 years working experience managing large-scale construction projects, which included site preparation and facility renovations
· PMP Certification
· Advanced knowledge of building and construction, design, construction contract administration and Ontario Building Codes, including advanced understanding of industry practices, or deep expertise in a highly specialized and critical discipline
· Experience with chemical, laboratory and/or pharmaceutical manufacturing processes
· Demonstrated working knowledge of architectural, engineering, and construction practices
· Proven familiarity with design and construction contracts, contract law, public contracting code, and construction claims procedures. Ability to draft modifications to standard agreements consistent with Regental Policy and in coordination with legal counsel
· Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills, including highly effective negotiation skills and highly developed political acumen. Superior written communication skills to prepare clear, concise and professional reports and correspondence
· Strong organizational and time management skills with particular attention to detail and ability to multitask
· Experience preparing and managing budgets
· Strong problem-solving skills, with the ability to develop and implement solutions
· Good critical thinking and analytical skills to proactively identify and resolve problems
· Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to influence others, foster teamwork, and create a collaborative work environment
· Typically working in an office environment but must spend time on construction sites as required
· May require working during non-standard hours depending on project plans
Working at TRC
Our employees are our best resource! TRC ensures safety always comes first. Our commitment to safety is imperative to delivering high quality products. Our employees also enjoy a group retirement plan, 100% company paid competitive medical and dental benefits, subsidized corporate gym membership with Goodlife Fitness, Monday to Friday working hours, a casual dress code, extended growth opportunities across the TRC & LGC networks and more!
If you are interested in being considered for the above position, along with your resume please submit a short cover letter highlighting your experience and fit.
Please note that applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected to proceed in the interview process will be contacted.
Recruitment is managed internally by the HR department. Candidates and recruitment agencies, please note that your inquiries should be directed to the HR department only.
TRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer; promoting accessibility and inclusivity at work and offering accommodation for applicants as required and requested.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- construction project management : 3 years (Preferred)
- mechanical engineering : 3 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)