Do you strive to be amongst the best? Do you consider yourself a high performer? Do you enjoy working as a team and sharing your expertise? If so, we’re looking for you!
TC Transcontinental has more than 7,000 employees in Canada and the United States, and a revenue of C$2.0 billion in 2016. With our 3 business segments in Print, Media and Packaging we continue to optimize, transform and grow while making impressions that count!
This position will be part of our Printing Sector. As the largest printer in Canada & one of the largest in North-America, you will join a team that is committed to helping everyone excel and reach their goals. The Print division has over 4,500 employees & 18 state-of-the-art print plants.
About this opportunity
Under the direction of the Fulfillment Manager, the Fulfillment Helper will be responsible for effectively working within the kitting and fulfillment department to maintain quality, accuracy and productivity throughout the production shift. The incumbent will follow all standard operating procedures of the assigned work and ensure that all packaging is accurate and completed in a timely fashion as per customer requirements/deadlines and will also maintain a safe and clean workplace.
What you will do
- Maintain quality standards and follow all SOP’s applicable to the work assigned and ensure that all packaging is appropriate and completed in a timely fashion;
- Maintain a safe and clean workplace;
- Order necessary supplies, boxes, tape and labels;
- Work as part of a team, follow and adhere to Transcontinental’s code of ethics and participate in the Continuous Improvements efforts;
- Fully understand and adhere to all relevant Environmental, Health and Safety, Human Resources, Quality, Security and Company policies and procedures;
- Support and contribute to a healthy and safe work environment by following all workplace regulations, policies, and initiatives, including reporting all first aid injuries, accidents, and workplace hazards.
What you have to offer
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent;
- Exceptional attention to detail and good command of the English language (read, write, speak) with respect to:
- understanding and following all verbal and written instructions;
- completing paperwork and requisitioning of materials accurately and efficiently;
- complying with safety procedures and processes;
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communications skills;
- Well organized, proactive and positive approach in the work place;
- Ability to work independently and harmoniously within in a team environment;
- Physical demands include pushing and pulling of product and the ability to lift a minimum 30lbs unassisted;
- Strong skills in problem identification and solution-oriented;
- Flexible and quality driven;
- Available to work overtime as required.
What we have to offer
- Opportunity to be part of a dynamic and highly motivating work environment where you can develop your potential and launch an exciting career
- Employee perks such as discounts from suppliers on various products and services such as insurance, wireless bundles, travel, and much more
- Development opportunities where your input makes a difference. Competitive compensation package, pension and flexible benefits that are customizable to you and your family needs.
TC Transcontinental is committed to providing equal opportunities to all candidates and to meeting the needs of people with disabilities. Should you be contacted regarding an employment opportunity and require an accommodation for a disability, we will be pleased to work with you to identify how we can best support you through this process.
Learn more about us
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $14.00 /hour
- Fulfillment: 1 year (Preferred)
- Warehouse: 1 year (Preferred)