Junior Cost Analysis
Recently graduated with co-op experience and looking to get into a financial position? Check out our Junior Cost Analysis position!
Vuteq Canada is a Tier 1 automotive manufacturing organization, located in Woodstock, Ontario.
By continually improving our systems and processes through ongoing evaluation of company objectives, we are able to maintain our commitment in ensuring that requirements and expectations for quality and safety are realized.
We strive to be an indispensable partner to our customers, driven by our team members and their engagement, and commit to developing the future with passion and sincerity.
The Junior Cost Analysis performs in-depth cost analysis through the collection of information from internal departments and databases for the purpose of evaluating cost versus quotation (contract) and reporting results. The team member will also evaluate any issues and discrepancies that may arise.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Analyzing a multitude of different material costs to ensure system accuracy; also supports the audits of internal Bill of Materials by working with those responsible for maintenance of BOMs
- Utilize AS400 data and compare with actual costs found in accounts payable
- Conduct analyses of quotations on different products; compare forecasted costs to costs set by the manufacturer
- Investigating discrepancies by communicating with other departments within the company to ensure the accuracy of current information and to make corrections if necessary
- Follow up with affected departments to make necessary adjustments when discrepancies are found
- Verbally discuss with leadership of departments the amount of components and material that is consumed and compare using Excel against data that is found in AS400
- Preparation and organization of studies by gathering findings from comparisons and creating reports to present to management and other co-workers
- Successful completion of a relevant post-secondary program; both general business and finance & accounting are considered relevant
- 1 year of experience in a business environment (co-op experience considered relevant)
- 1 year in cost analysis
Skills and Abilities
- Capable of making timely decisions when meeting deadlines for customers and management
- Actively listen and communicate to different departments and management on requirements and discrepancies
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry while inspecting drawings
- Prioritization skills; adapting and changing plans based on discrepancies found
- Ability to formulate accurate and detail-oriented reports and audits for co-workers and management
- Ability to show versatility and resourcefulness when problem solving
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise in the work environment is usually moderate.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Vuteq Canada Inc. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
While we appreciate all applications received, only those candidates considered for an interview will be contacted.