At Crop Management Network Inc., we’re committed to the communities we serve and sustaining local farms for generations to come. CMN has nine ag retail locations throughout Alberta, making us proud to be Alberta’s largest independent ag retailer. CMN is committed to the success of our farmers by selling high-quality crop inputs, being innovative in practice, providing agronomy services and support, and delivering upon our commitments with best-in-class customer service.
We are currently looking to hire an Account Manager- Sales! This position will have a strong focus on serving customers in Central Alberta!
Account Managers are customer-driven and determined to find ways that CMN can bring value to our customers’ farm businesses.
- Account Managers sell crop inputs products (i.e. fertilizers, herbicides, fungicides, canola and forage seed) as well as basic and specialized agronomy services.
- Have a comprehensive understanding of the customers’ business to align the appropriate products, services and advice.
- Driven to meet and exceed sales targets at appropriate profit margins.
- Contribute to the overall success of the business by increasing revenue and profit from new and existing customers.
- Generate new business through networking, following up on leads from marketing activities and making cold calls. Customer contact will be face to face and through telephone and email.
- Grow a marketplace for innovative or new products that provide value to the grower.
- Work with the CMN team to coordinate delivery and/or customer pick up of product, ensure adequate credit is in place and support the Health and Safety program.
- Agriculture based degree or diploma an asset
- Demonstrated experience in vocational, agricultural, or a combination of education and work experience
- Conducts themselves in a professional manner, and able to keep information confidential
- Excellent communication and people skills, both written and oral
- Proven strong computer skills including all Microsoft applications (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Preferred a minimum 3-6 years sales experience
- Valid class 5 drivers licence
Crop Management Network Inc. is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all interested individuals; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Reference ID: CMNAM21
Job Type: Full-time
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Wellness program