Overview: As one of the largest giftware and home accessory distributors in the industry, we represent over 35 vendors selling 80,000 items in all categories of trade to 6,000 retailer stores across Canada.
Design Home is looking for an ambitious and competitive-minded Territory Manager who will be responsible for establishing and growing relationships. To be successful in this role, you must be autonomous, entrepreneurial, and adept at building strong customer relationships. While experience in the giftware and accessory industries would be considered an asset, your true talents are your sales skills, customer service abilities, organizational skills and work ethic to be successful on the road.
Territory: Atlantic Canada – NS, NB, PEI, NL & Labrador
Hours & Travel Expectation: The expectation is for the Territory Manager to be on the road a minimum of three days a week, and up to five days a week, servicing and cultivating existing and new business. You are also required to attend trade fairs in Toronto, twice annually in January and August, for a week at a time, in addition to any training required in the US. The company will pay for travel, hotel and select meals while you’re in Toronto and all expenses for training, in the US.
Reporting to the Director of Sales, the Territory Manager will be responsible for the following:
- Present and promote vendor lines with the intention of increasing sales and market-share
- Establish, develop and maintain positive business and customer relationships
- Reach out to customer leads
- Expedite the resolution of customer problems and complaints to maximize satisfaction
- Achieve agreed upon sales targets
- Coordinate sales with team members and other departments
- Analyze the territory/market’s potential, track sales and status reports
- Keep up-to-date with market trends
- On the road sales experience
- Impeccable organizational skills
- Has an entrepreneurial spirit
- Strong work ethics
- Experience in the giftware market is an asset
Business Equipment Provided & Needed: The company will provide you an iPad to acquire orders and conduct business activity. You are expected to have a home computer and cell/home phone, to correspond with your customers and with the company. Additionally, you will be required to have a reliable car in order to travel your territory.
Compensation: Commission-based compensation, based on sales generated with a travel allowance available
Job Type: Independent Contractor
Required Language: English
Start Date: Immediate
Please apply via email.
We appreciate your interest in this position, however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Commission, Permanent
- Territory Manager: 2 years (Preferred)
- Drivers License G (Preferred)