Looking for a way into a skilled trade? Consider training for a career in the Steel Industry! *No experience necessary!
This is what you’ll receive with your FREE training:
- Employment Readiness Workshops
- Technical Training at Conestoga College
- Paid, Hands-on Work Experience
- A Basic Living Allowance and other Financial Supports are available to facilitate your participation in the program (during the duration of the training & paid placement periods).
Participants will have the opportunity to develop employment skills while working with an Employment Coach and obtain job-specific training at Conestoga College! The program is designed to train you for an entry level, long term, sustainable career in the Steel Industry.
PROGRAM DURATION: Up to 8 weeks of in class training, followed by 8 weeks of local, paid work experience. This program includes 1 year of continued retention support and coaching!
WORK DESCRIPTION: An Entry Level Steel Worker is a person who:
- Welds or bolts sections together
- Sets up and operates heavy-duty metal-working machines
- Lays out reference points and patterns
- Constructs patterns and templates
- Assembles and fits plates and sections to form structures
- Study engineering drawings and blueprints, determines the materials required and plans the sequence of tasks to cut metal most efficiently
- Rigs, hoists and moves materials to storage areas or within worksite
- Installs fabricated components in final product
- Willing to work and go to school in the Cambridge, Kitchener or Waterloo Area.
- Interest in working in the Steel Industry.
- Committed to attending ALL training.
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must be legally eligible to work in Ontario.
Job Type: Training
Job Types: Full-time, Internship, Apprenticeship
Salary: $17.00 to $19.00 /hour