Aurora Cannabis Inc. is a world-renowned integrated cannabis company with an industry-leading reputation for continuously elevating and setting the global cannabis industry standard.
Through our wholly owned subsidiaries, strategic investments, and global partnerships, Aurora provides a wide range of premium quality cannabis and hemp products and services, develops innovative technologies, promotes cannabis consumer health and wellness, and delivers an exceptional customer experience across all its brands.
Aurora’s operations span multiple continents and focuses on both the medical and recreational cannabis production and sales, patient education and clinic counselling services, home hydroponic cultivation, extraction technologies and delivery systems, and hemp-based food health products.
We operate around the globe pursuing new and emerging cannabis markets where possible through our owned network of import, export and wholesale distributors, our e-commerce and mobile applications, brick and mortar retail stores, as well as grocery store retailers, and pharmacies.
MAINTENANCE FACILITIES PURCHASER, SKY
The Maintenance Facilities Purchaser will perform procurement functions at the Aurora Sky Facility in Nisku. This position will secure goods and/or services for the facility in accordance with purchasing policy. They will have delegated authority to maximize the total value received as well as produce results that contribute to the facility’s business objectives. This position reports to Procurement Manager West and will be located at the Sky Facility in Nisku.
- Provide prompt and professional purchasing services to internal customers by communicating effectively with the Operation, Engineering, and Maintenance areas
- Promptly handle requisitions to ensure stable supply and timely availability of materials and services
- Ensure all purchase requisitions for spares parts inventory room and maintenance work orders are processed within target timelines
- Ensure all purchased goods are inputted in-putted into procurement system and CMMS system in the proper format
- Ensure purchased goods and services are of acceptable quality and meet established specifications and requirements
- Recommend new suppliers based on quality, service, and competitive pricing
- Implementation of Aurora Sourcing Agreements and strategies for purchasing and materials management processes at the facility level
- Obtain maximum value for Aurora regarding cost, quality, delivery and service levels
- Support Corporate and Regional procurement agreements consistent with Corporate Procurement strategies
- Ensure adherence to Corporate financial and purchasing policies and procedures
- Support Centralized Procurement Processes
- Coordinate return/cancellation purchase orders
- Other tasks as assigned
- Must be able to wear all required personal safety equipment including but not limited to eye protection, hearing protection, and fall protection in elevated positions.
- May be required to work extended hours.
Key Competencies Required:
- Customer Focus
- Priority Setting
- Integrity & Trust
- Action Oriented
- Drive for Results
- Interpersonal Savvy
Knowledge and Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years purchasing/storeroom experience including bidding, negotiating, and administering contracts and agreements is preferred.
- Industrial Manufacturing experience is preferred
- Effective Written & Verbal Communication Skills
- Proficient in Computer Use
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including Excel, Word, Power Point and Outlook
- ERP/SAGE X-3 Software Knowledge Preferred
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Aurora Cannabis Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time