We have a permanent opportunity for a Fitter/Fabricator to join our team in Hamilton, Ontario. Our facility is less than a 30 minute commute from Hamilton, Cambridge, Guelph and surrounding areas.
- Minimum 5 years experience with fitting & welding in carbon steel, stainless and aluminum to CWB standards.
- Must have valid CWB SMAW all position ticket.
- Structural Steel/ Platework Fitter or Metal Fabricator(Fitter) ticket is preferred and considered an asset.
- Able to read blueprints.
- The required skills to construct metal fabrications with minimal supervision and a high degree of accuracy.
- Mechanical skills—a must.
- Proficient in use of shears, brakes, ironworker, rolls, plasma, oxy-acetylene torch, and other fabrication equipment.
- Great communication skills—able to take and give instructions.
- Ability to work well independently and with a team.
- Versatility to work in a shop environment primarily, and as part of a field crew on customers job sites periodically.
- Excellent time management skills including ability to quickly assess requirements and determine most efficient method of fabrication.
- Dependable, accurate, neat and tidy.
- First Aid / CPR (will be provided if not already possessed)
- G-license required.
- Forklift/Propane training.
- Overhead crane training.
- Valid Passport
Security and Safety:
- Driving records check (abstract) with no issues is required for this role
- Able to speak, read and write in English
Terms of Employment:
- Permanent full-time position.
- Standard 40 hour work week. Hours are 7:00AM – 3:30PM.
- Overtime required periodically as production and delivery schedules dictate.
- Competitive wages offered dependent on experience and knowledge.
Benefit package available.
- Extended health care
- Dental care
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- 8 Hour Shift
- Monday to Friday
- fitting & welding in carbon steel & aluminum to CWB standard: 5 years (Preferred)