In less than a decade, Magnum became one of the leading solutions for primary and remedial cementing services in North America. Now poised to also serve our customers’ soil stabilization, vac and water, and downhole tool needs, Magnum is well-positioned to provide expertise in all the services that we offer.
Under the direction of the Vice President, Operations, the Logistics Manager is responsible for supervising the movement and distribution of supplies and materials within the company to optimize Magnum’s entire transportation cycle. This includes strategically planning for and managing logistics for both internal and external customers of Magnum.
- Supervise, coach, and train department employees.
- Review job performance of direct reports, provide feedback on work techniques and completed projects, and encourage continuous improvement in work undertaken.
- Collaborate with managers on staff and equipment availability to create efficient schedules for service staff.
- Coordinate and communicate with Service Line Managers and other departments to facilitate efficient daily operations.
- Maintain departmental records and reports.
- Participate in meetings and training to further the effectiveness of the Logistics Manager role.
- Learn all Dispatch systems and processes. Maintain and develop existing systems.
- Operate GPS and communication equipment to correctly identify and determine location of company resources.
- Document actions by completing job summaries, tickets, and other applicable records as required.
- Monitor hours of service and utilize predictive information to make efficient and effective assignment decisions.
- Follow up on outstanding customer requests to ensure timely completion.
- Assist Vice President, Operations with planning asset allocation beyond the immediate future.
- Work with the Vice President, Operations and the Dispatch Manager to set cost, productivity, accuracy, and timeliness targets for the department.
- Focus on full utilization of equipment and drivers; prioritize backhauls and utilization of Magnum’s fleet in shoulder seasons of Q2 and Q3.
- Help develop predictive reports and schedule boards.
- Maintain inter-departmental metrics, analyze data to assess department performance and recommend improvements.
- Identify, investigate, and resolve any customer complaints and / or issues.
- Comply with all local laws, regulations, and legal requirements, as applicable.
- Participate in training and development activities.
- Other related duties as required.
Qualifications - Required
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a supervisory logistics / dispatch or relevant industry-related role.
- Experience and ability to lead, motivate, and manage employees to meet objectives.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, and organizational skills.
- Able to be on call as needed during a 5 days on and 2 days of schedule.
- Ability to work evenings and overtime.
- Legally eligible to work in the country the role is based out of.
Qualifications - Looking For
- Post-secondary education in Business Administration, Logistics, or Supply Chain, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook), standard logistics software, and records management software.
- Excellent customer service and spoken and written communication skills.
- Strong work ethic, positive attitude, reliable, and dependable.
- Flexible and able to adapt to change.
- Able to work independently and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Understands the importance of safety.
- Team player and customer service focused.
- Demonstrated initiative and results orientated.
Qualifications - Assets
- Oil and gas services experience and industry knowledge, preferably in oilfield cementing.
- Understanding of cement blends and remedial and primary cementing job procedures. Customer-based and technical knowledge is preferred.
Magnum Services is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate, support, and thrive on diversity, and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Please note that this position will remain open until a successful candidate is found. While all candidates are welcome to apply, only those who appear to meet the requirements of our available roles will be contacted.