North West Fire Rescue and Training (NWFR) is looking for full-time firefighters that posess a specific list of minimum skills. These firefighters are to be groomed for leadership positions within the company.
Industrial and Municipal firefighting, H2S Safety Supervision, Rescue and Medical duties. NWFR sends firefighters to industrial assignments throughout western Canada and provides 911 municipal emergency response to ten municipalities and over 200km of highway.
Day-Rate pay schedule based on levels of training and years served for industrial assignments. Hourly pay for municipal emergency responses with the exception of medical calls. Paid only when out in the field on industrial assignments or on municipal emergency call-outs.
**No salary or guaranteed hours offered for entry-level positions. Candidates that meet the qualification requirements will be offered a retainer of $24,000.00/year in addition to their work bonus after 6 months of probation.
***Health benefits and life insurance are provided after the 6 month probationary period (Qualified candidates only).
2 weeks on duty, 2 weeks off duty. Members must stay on station in the Onoway or Alberta Beach stations while awaiting industrial assignments or municipal emergency call-outs for their 2 week tour of duty.
Accommodations are provided when on duty.
NWFR does not provide compensation for travel to and from the station at the beginning or end of a tour of duty. NWFR does pay a relocation rate for transit to and from different job areas if work is not performed on the day of transit. Company vehicles are provided for travel to and from industrial assignments and emergency call-outs.
MINIMUM TRAINING REQUIRED:
- NFPA 1001 Level 2
- EMR with Alberta College of Paramedics Registration
- Valid Class 3Q/DZ Drivers License
- Valid Standard First Aid and CPR
- Valid H2S Alive
- Clean Criminal Record and Vulnerable Sector Check
- Drivers Abstract (5 Year)
- Section 1:Basic overview of NWFR with quiz
- Section 2:Position details, contract and FAQ with quiz
- Section 3:Qualification submissions and policies with quiz
- Section 4:Municipal Fire Company information and contract with quiz
- Job Offer
Reference ID: FTS32020
Contract length: 12 months
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $24,000.00 to $75,000.00 /year
- Company Events
- Dental Care
- Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Extended Health Care
- Flexible Schedule
- Life Insurance
- On-site Gym
- On-site Parking
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Care
- Wellness Program
- Class 3Q (Unrestricted) Drivers License (Required)
- H2S Alive (Required)
- NFPA 1001 L1 (L2 Preferred) (Required)
- Criminal Record Check and Vulnerable Sector Screening (Required)
- EMR with Alberta College of Paramedics Registration (Required)