FVT Research are on the hunt for multi-disciplined, talented individual to join our team. We would like to meet those who believe they have the ability and enthusiasm to be part of a very different Tech company.
The position will focus on dismantling and reassembling mining vehicles, installing complete battery-electric drive systems, and servicing and maintaining everything from small personnel vehicles to 14-ton LHD’s. Our ideal candidate can spin a wrench while working on a laptop, safely remove a 10-yard scoop bucket and secure it to a stone boat, then head underground to troubleshoot an electric drive system. Learning new programs and processes, and methodically stepping through problems should be 2nd nature to you.
We realize there are no “electric mining vehicle training courses”, so are looking for a base level of expertise and an attitude that inspires us to train you into an electric vehicle tech wizard. The learning curve will be steep, and you will require the capacity to absorb information at a staggering rate. The mental demands and independent learning requirements mean that this job is not for everyone- in fact it is for very few. Because we are a small company, your advancement at FVT will be limited only by your ability to learn, produce, and grow. You will be joining a very bright, industrious bunch who all wear many hats and thrive on the challenge of developing technologies that replace diesel engines underground.
- Strong hands-on mechanical and electrical skillset
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to work quickly, diligently and independently
- Friendly disposition. You work well with geeks, gearheads and number crunchers.
- Ability to read and understand schematics
- Ability to install programs and flash updates
- Ability to communicate with coworkers and customers honestly and confidently
- Comfortable servicing vehicles underground
- Comfortable traveling to remote areas including the wilderness of Vancouver, BC
Some of these would be nice:
- Heavy duty mechanic experience
- Automotive repair experience
- Experience working underground
- Experience building, fabricating, machining and prototyping
- Working knowledge of Solidworks
- Electrician/electrical training
- Experience with electric mining vehicles
- PLC programming experience
- CANbus experience
- Strong documentation abilities
If you really want to impress us:
- Ticketed heavy-duty mechanic with 3-5 years experience
- Ticketed automotive technician with 3-5 years experience
- Robotics, Mechatronics, electro-mechanical experience
- Solidworks routing knowledge
FVT Research is a privately held R&D company focused on heavy duty battery powered electric drive systems. We design and develop proprietary EV components from the PCB level and integrate complete drive systems into existing OEM vehicles and rebuilds. FVT Research’s technologies include drive motors, chargers, controllers, battery packs, DC/DC converters, battery management systems and complete turn-key systems.
A typical day at FVT Research consists of circuit design and testing, mechanical design, code writing, part sourcing from across the globe, servicing vehicles underground, testing power electronics, testing new motor control programs on the dyno, and knocking out a few parts on the plasma table. We are a curious bunch, intent on creating technologies that lead the industry. We do not bolt together off-the-shelf components to create cobbled together Frankenstein systems.
We don’t believe in having someone do the same thing day after day. Learn and grow or die. We are willing to train the right person in a multitude of areas if they are sharp, have a natural ability to absorb information, and show a passion for the technologies we believe will have a remarkable impact on the world and humanity. This by no means is an average job, or an average company.
Position is full time and wages are industry competitive and merit-based.
Job Type: Full-time
- English (Required)