Position: Building Cleaner / Janitor (Nights/Weekends)
Location: 55 Gordon St., Whitby, ON
Assignment: Part-time weekends and weeknights (shifts end 3:00 AM)
Pay Rate: $15.00 per hour (plus $1.50 per hour premium for night shifts)
Start Date: January 2019
You Belong Here!
The relentless drive to enhance the quality of life and citizenship for people of all ages and abilities is a quality that everyone at Abilities Centre shares: employees, members, volunteers, and partners alike.
Our workplace is a fast-paced environment that demands we be collaborative, innovative, authentic, and accountable. We welcome people into our work environment in the same friendly, inclusive way we welcome our members. Abilities Centre is a workplace where you can learn, develop, be your true self, and have fun, all while realizing your fullest potential.
If you are positive, innovative, and inclusive, and want to gain valuable career experience at a place where everyone is welcome to get active, social, and creative, then we invite you to consider this exciting opportunity to join our team because you belong here!
Reporting to the Manager, Facilities, the Building Cleaner maintains a healthy and safe environment at Abilities Centre through outstanding cleanliness.
- To maintain a physical presence throughout the facility ensuring that areas are kept clean, fully stocked and free of debris
- Sweep, mop, scrub, remove debris dirt and any refuse, empty waste containers, wash windows, interior/exterior walls, clean and disinfect washroom and fixtures
- Clean carpets, rugs, mats and upholstered furniture
- To scrub, mop and wax floors as required or as scheduled by the Manager, Facilities
- To maintain the complex in a manner which reduces the complex's liability for Slip & Fall Hazards
- To ensure that all Housekeeping equipment is cleaned, maintained and is functioning correctly and to report any malfunctions to the Manager, Facilities immediately
- To perform event cleaning, setup and take down of all associated furniture and fixtures
- To comply with all company rules, regulations, policies and procedures at all times
- To perform all duties in accordance with highest professional standards at all times
- To perform other duties as required by the Manager, Facilities.
- Experience with auto scrubbers/ floor cleaning machines is an asset
- Dedicated to optimal customer service
- Previous cleaning experience an asset
- Must be able to work in a team environment / independently
- Must be self-motivated
- Ability to work in a high volume establishment
- Must be physically capable of bending, stooping, crawling, walking, climbing stairs, pushing and lifting equipment
- Ability to lift up to 40lbs
- Must be available to work weekend and worknight shifts
- Knowledge of W.H.M.I.S.
Deadline to apply: January 2, 2019 @ 5:00 PM
Do you have all the right background plus the drive to improve lives by bringing people together to explore opportunities, discover passions, and fulfill aspirations? If so, apply now: You Belong Here.
To Apply: Please follow hyperlink to the application:
Abilities Centre is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion; we welcome and encourage applications from all qualified candidates. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We thank all who apply, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. www.abilitiescentre.org/employment
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Salary: $15.00 /hour