Position: Support Worker
Program: Mazarine Lodge
Posting #: 2440-HSW- -210503
Location: New Westminster
Hourly Rate: $22.43
Schedule: varied shifts/around-the-clock/ Weekdays, weekends & Stat Holidays
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
The Elizabeth Fry Society of Greater Vancouver (EFry) is a charitable organization that supports women, girls and children at risk, involved in or affected by the justice system. Our programs work to break the cycle of poverty, addiction, mental illness, homelessness and crime.
Located in Queensborough, New Westminster, Mazarine Lodge is a 44-unit transitional housing program for high needs women. Support workers provide awake management of the site and ensure the wellbeing of residents. A planned meal service offers two meals (breakfast and dinner) daily. Women live independently and have access to staff for support and case planning.
· Maintains a warm, safe supportive atmosphere through engaging with housing participants and building rapport and goodwill while overseeing Mazarine Lodge’s day to day activities.
· Conducts scheduled interviews, and participant registration for housing units.
· Provides participants with day-to-day support as needed through a harm reduction lens and conducts ongoing monthly client meetings to review their plans and goals for themselves and provide case management as needed. Where necessary, identifies participant challenges and develops intervention plans.
· Maintains daily records of operations and client interaction, as necessary.
- Performs light housekeeping duties ensuring a safe, clean hygienic environment for all.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- A Certificate in related field plus one (1) year recent experience in a similar environment or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Substance use and mental health experience.
- Knowledge and understanding of women with complex needs and the government services they interact with.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Understanding of crisis management, risk assessment, overdose response, trauma, gender-informed practice, and case management.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs.
JOB REQUIREMENTS & EXPECTATIONS
- Food Safe Level 1 and Standard First Aid Certificates, with CPR-C required.
- Evidence of a Tuberculosis Test and compliance with the TB Control Program.
- Dr’s note of Fitness required.
- Satisfactory Criminal Record Review (vulnerable sector search).
- Must be able to lift up to 30 lbs.
EFry is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse workforce and strongly encourages applicants that represent those we serve. We welcome applicants with non-traditional educational backgrounds and field experience.
Interested candidates must submit a cover letter and resume.
Please note only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview. No phone calls please.
Job Types: Full-time, Casual
Salary: $22.43 per hour
- Support Care: 1 year (preferred)