Are you OakWood's Next Award-*Winning Designer?*
If you are chosen to become our next Lead Designer, you will play a critical role serving our design team, our clients and the OakWood Team. You will work with an award-winning team who are committed to providing innovative design and build services to homeowners.
Primary Position Requirements
Your role is important to the organization. There are fivekey areas where you will need to demonstrate your excellence. You will need to demonstrate your capabilities in the following areas:
- Assisting the sales team
- Completing the material selection and design process
- Liaising with the homeowner
- Liaising with the OakWood team
- Understanding of residential design and design software
- You are familiar with local building codes and wood frame construction
- You are proficient in computer aided design software, scheduling software, Excel, Word & Outlook
- You have experience working with and following schedules
- You have experience in selecting and specifying products and are comfortable speaking to clients about costs
- You excel using space, light and colour to create current and creative designs to client's specifications
- You can creatively design to a budget
- You have a degree in Interior Design or Architecture with a focus on Residential Construction
- You have passion for residential design and strive to achieve and grow in the design industry
- You have experience in residential Interiors, Exteriors, Kitchen & Bath and Cabinetry in both renovations and new construction
- You excel in custom home design
- You are involved in a related professional organization such as the NKBA (National Kitchen and Bath Association)
- You are able to work within allocated design time
- You can demonstrate that you’re a self-starter
- Other people describe you as passionate, and you feel the same way
- You find the positive in even the toughest of circumstances
- Being respectful to others is always a priority
- You have an Abundance mindset
- You thrive in a team environment
- You can demonstrate that you complete projects, meet milestones, and accomplish goals quickly and accurately
- You can show how you enable others to complete their tasks quickly
- You are able to demonstrate your proactive nature
- You’re a problem-solver
- You’re a quick learner
- You’re tech savvy
- You’re constantly looking at ways to leverage systems to improve performance
- You’re coachable—and want to be coached
- You can zoom-out to look at the big picture and then zoom-in to work on the details
- You're punctual
- You efficiently complete tasks on schedule
- Follow-up is important to you
- You consistently reach your goals
- You have a professional appearance / demeanor
- You are both disciplined and organized
- You are always in motion
FIT- Company Culture
At OakWood we believe our clients’ experience should be second to none, our processes push the limits on the industry status quo, our team’s professionalism and passion sets us apart and everything we do is enhanced by high performance technology.
Cool stuff about OakWood
Our headquarters showroom is slated to be the highest LEED Platinum building in Canada. It features a beautiful, lush garden with a boardwalk and water fall – perfect for outdoor lunches and breaks!
We have a business coach who provides monthly training to the whole team and helps us be a better version of ourselves. We lead our team by continuously coaching them.
We like food! Monthly lunch gatherings with the team to catch up and to update everyone on new initiatives and ventures that OakWood is part of.
We work hard – not only for our clients but also to ensure that our team is supported, and that we can continue designing and constructing beautiful buildings that last for generations.
Wantto join our team?
If you are serious about becoming part of the OakWood Team, apply now.
While we will review all applications we receive and thank you for your time, we will only be following up with applicants that we believe are qualified for the next level in our hiring process.
Job Type: Full-time
- Interior Design: 5 years (Preferred)
- New Home: 5 years (Preferred)
- Ottawa, ON (Preferred)
- Driver's Licence (Preferred)
- English (Preferred)