Looking for individuals who enjoy working in a physical, fast-paced, outdoor environment that involves delivering packages in residential areas for UPS. Package Delivery Drivers must have excellent customer contact and driving skills.
Qualified applicants must have a valid G or higher license issued in the province of Ontario. Package Delivery Drivers are expected to comply with UPS appearance guidelines. New drivers could cover multiple residential areas, so area knowledge is an asset as well as the ability to read a map.
· $16.00 per hour to start
· Approximately 25 to 40 hours a week
· Start time between 11AM and Noon, Tuesday to Saturday
· Paid weekly - every Friday direct deposit into your account
· Immediate access to UPS ‘Employee Discounts’ upon hiring
· Paid training
· Opportunity for advancement
· Ability to lift up to 70 lbs. (35kg) without assistance and 150 lbs. (68kg) with assistance
· Ability to read and navigate with map books
· Minimum 21 years of age
· Valid Ontario G license
· Clean Driver’s Abstract showing:
· - a) No accidents and maximum 5 demerit points for the previous 3 year period (last 36 months)
· - b) No violations for the current year (last 12 months) and no more than 2 violations for the previous 3 year period (last 36 months)
· Delivery experience will be an asset
· Monthly union due
· One time union initiation fee
· Criminal background record check
UPS is the world’s largest courier company. UPS offers guaranteed wage increases, benefits, pension plan, employee stock purchasing plans and promotion from within opportunities.
UPS Canada is a diverse and equal opportunity employer. Please advise our HR representatives if a workplace accommodation is needed. Thank you for your interest in UPS Canada.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $16.00 /hour
- delivery : 1 year (Preferred)
- Loading the delivery vehicle from a staging area
- Delivering to residential locations
- Heavy lifting