Reason for Post :
Position Status :
Temporary- Full time
Work Shifts :
CIUSSS de l'Ouest-de-l’Île-de-Montréal
Job Territory :
Support for Elderly Autonomy Directorate
Physiothérapie, Centre d'hébergement
Reference number :
Number of days :Length of Assignment :Work Schedule :Salary :Number of positions available :
Job Category :
Rehabilitation Technician (Orthotics-Prosthesis Technician, Rehabilitation Therapist, Physical Educator, etc.)
Posting Start Date :
Posting End Date :
The Montréal West Island IUHSSC is currently looking for a physiotherapy technologist to fill a full-time position for a minimum of one (1) year at the Dorval residential Centre.
As a physiotherapy technologist in the Supported Living Program for Seniors' Department, your objective will be to ensure the best possible care for a clientele composed of people with a loss of autonomy related to aging in order to contribute to the maintenance of their mobility and to prevent its deterioration. You will work with people who have already been evaluated by a physiotherapist or a physician, participate in the development of the treatment plan and ensure its follow-up.
Your duties will require you to:
- Collect evaluative data from the individual: case history, pain, joint, muscle and functional assessments, etc;
- Establish short and long term treatment goals;
- Conduct tests, measurements and observations to document client's problems and determine appropriate rehabilitation programs;
- Assist in the development of treatments to promote physical recovery for individuals with orthopedic, rheumatic, neurological and other problems;
- Apply physiotherapy treatment plans according to established objectives and adjust interventions, when necessary, using a variety of therapeutic modalities (manual techniques, flexibility, stretching or strengthening exercises, massages, limb traction, manipulation of various objects, treadmill walking, electrotherapy, etc.)
- Advise clients on postures, lifestyle and exercises to improve their physical condition;
- Participate in team meetings and produce the required reports.
Monday to Friday, 8am to 4pm
Take advantage of this opportunity to work within a dynamic team dedicated to the well-being of our seniors, while actively participating in the development of an integrated service offer of optimal quality!
Our benefits :
The desired candidate :
- Competitive salary to which bonuses can be added (from $23.12 to $33.61/hour);
- Four (4) weeks of vacation after one year of full time work;
- Thirteen (13) days of statutory vacations and 9.6 sick days for a year of full time work;
- Participation with the employer in a defined benefit pension plan to ensure a reliable retirement income;
- Group insurance protection (life, health, salary);
- Access for you and your family to a free employee assistance program (counseling, nutrition, kinesiology, legal services or advice, etc.);
- Access to training and career development programs;
- Regular clinical supervision meetings.
- Must have a college diploma (DEC) in physiotherapy techniques*;
- Must be a member of the Ordre professionnel de la physiothérapie du Québec.
- Must be able to establish a therapeutic relationship with both French and English speaking clients;
- Must have experience working with geriatric clients (asset);
- Must have a valid driver's license and a car for travel.
- NB: Any degree obtained outside of Quebec must have been the subject of a Comparative Evaluation of studies done outside of Quebec with the Ministère de l'immigration, de la Francisation et de l'Intégration. Please include the result of the evaluation in your CV, otherwise your application may not be considered
We thank all applicants. Only selected candidates will be contacted.
The Montréal West Island IUHSSC has a program for the access to equal employment and invites natives, visible minorities, women, and persons with disabilities to apply for positions. Persons with disabilities can share their special needs in relation to the selection process for the position requested to facilitate the study of their application.
If you are applying for a mobile device (smartphone, tablet), you will receive an acknowledgment email asking you to go update your CV for your application to be considered.