ABOUT LIGHTHOUSE IMMERSIVE:
With locations in Toronto, Chicago, San Francisco, and New York, Lighthouse Immersive offers versatile spaces for creators to present their work, while engaging audiences around the globe in unique art experiences that encourage dialogue and inspire new artistic creations.
The home of the world premiere of the Immersive Van Gogh Exhibit, Lighthouse Immersive has welcomed over 200,000 people through its doors in Toronto since the exhibit’s opening in July 2020. Blending state-of-the-art technology with breathtaking imagery and animation, the Immersive Van Gogh Exhibit quickly became the #1 selling show in the world.
The Store Manager will take control of the full operational functions of the Immersive Van Gogh Retail Store, including management of personnel, management of any third-party suppliers, opening and closing the store, and maximizing sales will enabling seamless operations and safety and staff patrons.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Drive customer service excellence to every aspect of the store, including store appearance, display of merchandise, product placement, store layout, and selling procedures.
- Ensure strategic goals and sales targets of the store are met by maximizing sales and gross profit, reviewing sales performance, controlling expenses, and managing inventory.
- Be the front-end single point of contact for resolving and dealing with customer issues in a positive and professional manner.
- Hire, train, develop, and motivate staff.
- Provide staff with feedback, coaching, and performance evaluations.
- Coordinate daily staffing and staffing schedules.
- Ensure the store complies with outlined safety policies and procedures, as well as all local health guidelines and regulations.
- Perform administrative tasks to support all store operations, including the timely submission of all personnel paperwork, preparing and submitting reports, and monitoring sales.
- Assess and monitor stock and inventory and advise when stock needs to be replenished.
- Other duties as assigned.
JOB SPECIFICATIONS/QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
- Minimum High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Fluency in English, both verbal and written.
- Minimum 5 years retail experience.
- Minimum 5 years management/supervisory experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Microsoft Excel.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Flexibility to work daytime, afternoon and evening shifts, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to stand or walk for long periods of time.
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs.
- Ability to set priorities and organize workload to ensure continuing productivity.
- Ability to work well under pressure, handles multiple priorities with strong organizational skills.
- Team oriented, enthusiastic, creative, well-groomed, reliable, and punctual.
- Familiarity with Lightspeed POS an asset.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $22.00 per hour
- Monday to Friday
- Retail Management: 5 years (preferred)
- Customer Service: 5 years (preferred)