Associate Lawyer - Litigation
Salary: $100,000.00 (commensurate with experience & proficiency), plus bonus and full benefits
Requirement: Minimum four (4) years of experience
Refcio & Associates is a full-service boutique law firm with a head office in London and satellite offices located in Burlington and Toronto. Our rapidly growing Litigation Department requires an experienced Associate Lawyer. This opportunity would be ideal for someone who is also looking to obtain an equity partnership interest in a Firm with an established and growing litigation practice which focuses primarily on commercial litigation and employment law. Qualified applicants will possess a minimum of 4 years’ litigation experience and desire to work at all levels of Court. The right candidate may be offered an immediate partnership opportunity. Our Firm utilizes an innovative partnership model that provides partners with a significantly above-average financial compensation package and the opportunity to develop a long-term career path with the stability of a guaranteed salary. Compensation starts at $100,000.00 plus bonus, full employer-paid benefits and other perks. Prospective candidates should be aware that our Firm utilizes a progressive and transparent flat fee client billing method and therefore no docketing is required.
The successful candidate will meet the following qualifications:
- Excellent academic credentials
- Minimum of four (4) years of experience in litigation matters at all levels of Court
- Proven client management skills
- Strong analytical, communication and drafting skills
- Previous financial and business experience considered an asset
The main responsibilities for this role will include:
- Carriage of and responsibility for managing civil litigation files, with a focus on commercial litigation;
- Appearing independently on matters before all levels of the Ontario Superior Court of Justice, including appeals and Small Claims Court and various administrative tribunals.
If you are interested in this excellent career opportunity, please apply with your cover letter and resume online only.
Refcio & Associates is an equal-opportunity firm and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, colour, religion, sex, or natural origin. Our firm takes affirmative action to ensure that employees are treated without regard to their race, colour, religion, sex, or national origin. Such action shall include, but not be limited to the following: employment, upgrading, demotion, layoff or termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, due to the volume of applications we receive, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $100,000.00 /year
- Litigation: 4 years (Required)