The role is in charge of creating a positive company impression and experience for all McCay Duff LLP clients, visitors, vendors and employees by providing general office support and administrative assistance.
If you are looking for a professional environment in which to hone your administrative skills we would love to meet you!
At McCay Duff, we take care of our people. We understand that our staff are our greatest asset so we offer a competitive salary, health and dental benefits and a team environment where the managers and partners are always accessible. We also provide annual merit-based increases that reflect your value and contribution to our firm.
As the Receptionist-Administrative Assistant your role is very important as you will be the first impression to clients, vendors and visitors, and you will be part of the McCay Duff team responsible for delivering an exceptional client experience. You will report to the Administrative Team Lead and take day to day direction from her.
In this position you will have the following responsibilities:
- Greeting and welcoming clients, guests, vendors with a positive, helpful and professional image.
- Efficiently assisting clients, guests and vendors in their business needs.
- Accurately handling incoming calls and channeling them to concerned employees.
- Opening and closing the office on daily basis with punctuality.
- Preparing and receiving courier packages/ incoming and outgoing mails;
- Invoicing on a daily/weekly basis;
- Preparing and processing deposits and credit card payments;
- Unpacking of office supplies to be ready for storage.
- Ensuring orderliness and cleanliness in the reception area.
- Assembling of Financial Statements and Tax Documents.
- Typing, editing and formatting of financial statements and correspondence ensuring they are free of formatting, typographical or printing errors;
- Production of financial statements for partner review, draft packages for client review, and final packages for delivery to client;
- Scanning and e-mailing financial documents;
- Producing various tax reporting forms as requested;
- Printing, photocopying and scanning of documents as requested by the client service teams;
- Contacting office equipment service providers for maintenance and repair;
- Recording of departmental mail both personal and corporate;
- Handling correspondence requests from all staff;
- Assisting with electronic filing of tax returns;
- Coordinating responses to Canada Revenue Agency information requests;
- Rolling forward all corporate CaseWare files and locking down current information, and;
- Providing administrative support to managers’ regular meetings.
- Other duties as required.
- Post-Secondary education in Administration or related field plus a minimum of one (1) to three (3) years’ work experience in a similar role, or the equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Proficiency in MS Office (MS Word, MS Publisher, MS Excel in particular);
- Aptitude to learn and use computer applications ;
- Proficiency in CaseWare/Caseview, Taxprep and CCH Document considered an asset;
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written;
- Strong organizational skills, can multitask and be productive under pressure;
- Excellent time management skills, ability to prioritize work with excellent attention to details;
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines within a fast paced work environment;
- Ability to interact and effectively communicate with individuals at all levels of the firm;
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures;
- Knowledge of office equipment, such as printers and fax machines;
- Effective analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Able to lift at least 15lbs to handle packages, files and boxed documents.
- A client service mindset, whereby you see the staff members of the firm as your clients, and;
- Bilingual in English and French is considered an asset.
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
McCay Duff LLP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. If you require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your application.
McCay Duff LLP is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, skin colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, veteran status, or disability.
Job Type: Full-time
- receptionist-administrative assistant: 2 years (Preferred)