Lawson Lundell LLP is a leading regional Canadian business law firm with offices in Vancouver, Kelowna, Calgary, and Yellowknife. The firm is recognized and respected by its peers in legal and business publications and was named one of BC’s Top Employers for 2023. Business in Vancouver also recognized Lawson Lundell LLP as the fastest-growing law firm in Western Canada.
Lawson Lundell LLP is currently seeking a competent and knowledgeable Litigation Legal Assistant to join our Calgary office on a full-time, continuing basis.
The successful candidate is an organized, enthusiastic, hardworking, team player who is capable of prioritizing and multitasking to successfully support their lawyer team in our busy Litigation group. The regular working hours for this role are Monday – Friday, 8:30 am – 4:30 pm.
- Preparing and drafting various correspondence and documents
- Time entry and billing
- Preparing expense reports
- Maintaining efficient file management and bring forward system
- Meeting deadlines and limitation dates
- Drafting and filing court documents
- Providing overflow assistance and various general administrative duties as required
- Legal Administrative Assistant certification from an accredited institution
- Minimum 3 years of previous litigation experience
- Knowledge of general litigation rules and procedures
- Knowledge of Supreme Court and Court of Appeal Rules/Procedures
- Exceptional aptitude in Microsoft Office
- Ability to multi-task, meet deadlines and solve problems in a fast-paced environment
- Has the ability to work both independently and as part of a collegial team
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Displays extraordinary customer service in a professional and courteous manner
- Highly dependable and adaptable with a great work ethic
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Strong verbal and written English communication skills
Exciting perks and benefits of working at Lawson
- Competitive Compensation
- Health Benefits: extended health, dental, vision, out of country, life, AD&D
- Lifestyle Benefit: reimbursement for purchases from a pre-approved list, including memberships and gym equipment
- Education Reimbursement: We are committed to growth and development, and our educational reimbursement policy provides opportunity for our staff to expand on their knowledge in the legal field.
- Paid Time Off: vacation time starts at 3 weeks, personal days, sick time, and a volunteer day every year
- Financial Benefits: defined contribution pension plan matched by the firm, RRSP, TFSA, year-end bonuses, and an employee referral bonus program
- Fun Environment: annual year-end party, happy hours, staff appreciation week, and many other social events
- Awards: long-term service and bonus vacation awards
If you are a professional, self-motivated hardworking team player with a positive outlook and would like to share your expertise with us, please submit your resume with a cover letter to Bamboo link
Although we thank all applicants for their interest in Lawson Lundell LLP, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. No phone calls please.