Thermogenics is a leading manufacturer of coil-tube steam and hot-water boilers and related equipment used in industrial, commercial and institutional applications in North America. The company also provides best-in-class parts and maintenance services to its installed base, delivered through a robust team of factory-trained technicians.
The company currently operates from its Head Office, manufacturing and service facility in Aurora, ON and maintains separate sales and service offices in Ottawa, ON and Cincinnati, OH.
You will be responsible for welding, fabricating and assembling of boilers and pressure vessels designed and fabricated according to ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code (“BPVC”) Sections I, IV and VIII Division 1, or equivalent This includes boilers, economizers, blowdown tanks, deaerators and fittings as well as piping designed and fabricated according to ASME B31.1 and B31.3, or equivalent. Willing to train up if the majority of the requirements are met.
- Pressure welding (SMAW, GTAW,GMAW) to specified accuracy and tolerances as required by ASME BPVC and in accordance with established Company welding procedures;
- Reading and interpreting drawings, blueprints, schematics and specifications;
- Fitting pipe according to drawings
- Weld preparation by grinding or cutting;
- Manual flame cutting;
- Setting and operating welding machines, bevel machines and band saws;
- On an as-needed basis, general boiler fabrication, pipe fitting and assembly.
WHY JOIN US?
- Competitive compensation
- 4% vacation pay and paid statutory holidays
- Paid overtime if evening and weekend work required
- Co-pay Benefit Plan that includes coverage for employee and spousal life insurance, AD&D, Short and long term disability, hospital, prescription drugs, healthcare and dental care
- Retirement Savings Plan matching
- Family culture including volunteerism, Christmas party, golf tournament, BBQs and more
- Team approach to learning and sharing opportunities
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum Grade 12 education
- Two (2) or more years of previous ASME Code welding employment experience in an shop holding ASME BPVC Certificate(s) of Authorization, or equivalent
- Knowledge of welding symbols, welding procedures, fabrication drawings, visual weld inspection and other welding quality assurance procedures
- Minimum three years shop experience with carbon, stainless and low alloy steels
- College Diploma (or equivalent)
- TSSA and CWB tickets to ASME Code
Welding Performance Test:
To join our team, you will be required to demonstrate your proficiency by completing a welding performance test with our Manufacturing and Engineering department or at a designate. Specifically, you will be required to pass ASME Section IX welder qualification tests below:
- 2 inch schedule 160, carbon steel, 6G, vertical up, without backing, SMAW E6011 root and E7018 fill and cap passes·
- 2-inch schedule 80, carbon steel, 6G, vertical up, without backing, GTAW
In addition, personal interviews will be conducted to evaluate your skills and aptitude in HSE, maintenance and care of machines and tools, interpersonal skills, and other general housekeeping.
The physical demands of the role are typical of a welder role and require operating within a welding booth and shop floor environment.
Term, Hours of Work and Compensation:
This is a full-time permanent position.
Hours of work are 40 hours / week and structured according to the plant schedule as follows:
Monday – Thursday 6:30am – 3:45pm Friday 6:30am – 11:30am
We expect to compensate the successful candidate at hourly rates consistent with market and based on experience.
Occasional overtime (e.g. evening and weekend) work may become available as required in the business and paid at overtime rates in compliance with the Employment Standards Act.
LOCATION: 6 Scanlon Court, Aurora, Ontario L4G 7B2
We are an equal opportunity employer. Thermogenics welcomes applications from candidates with disabilities; accommodations are available upon request for those who are selected to proceed with the interview process.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Welding: 2 years (Preferred)
- tig welding: 2 years (Preferred)