JOB POSTING NUMBER: 2019 - 024
JOB TITLE/ CLASSIFICATION: Industrial Millwright Mechanic
REPORTS TO: Maintenance Manager
VACANCIES: 1 day shift (7am – 3pm)
1 afternoon shift (3pm – 11pm)
*Must have Ontario Industrial Millwright Licence
*Must have Hydraulic experience
*Experience repairing fine blank presses
To assist in the maintenance process as assigned, performing all the general functions of an Industrial Millwright as listed below, while meeting the established customer requirements at UTIL Canada. To set-up, troubleshoot, repair and maintain production machinery in a safe and efficient manner, to maximize production while reducing downtime.
- Troubleshoots and maintains production equipment, which includes hydraulic, mechanic and pneumatic systems.
- Repairs and replaces hydraulic, mechanic, and pneumatic components such as cylinders, pumps, motors, valves, pipes, hoses, filters, gearboxes, bearing assemblies, etc.
- Passes on information, experiences and knowledge to other maintenance employees in regards to repair jobs, preventive maintenance, problem symptoms, etc. which he got involved with during his shift.
- Improves hydraulic circuits and systems in regards to stoppage of leaks, cleanliness of hydraulic oil, replacement of untidy pipes and hoses, etc.
- Recommends maintenance and equipment repair necessary to achieve the highest possible efficiency, safety and quality.
- Maintains documentation and preventive maintenance requirement of press.
- Listens to information, experiences and knowledge passed on by previous shift maintenance employees, to ensure effective, non-repetitious problem solving and machine repair.
- Informs electrical or mechanical supervisor about changes in hydraulic, mechanic, and pneumatic circuits.
- Helps to maintain adequate hydraulic, mechanic, electric and pneumatic spare part inventory levels in stock room.
- Performs preventive and predictive maintenance on production and production supporting equipment as outlined in the individual work instructions.
- Maintains safety standards of equipment and work area according to established procedures and as instructed by the maintenance manager.
- Ensures work area and machines are kept clean, organized and tidy at all times.
- Stores equipment and tools properly when not in use.
- Informs the supervisor to the best of his ability about unusual things, faulty design, unsafe conditions, missing parts, etc.
- Works in a cost-effective manner and maintains a high standard of quality and excellent workmanship.
- Adheres to the standards and rules described in the Employee Handbook and company policies.
- Is open to new systems, which are occasionally established within the department and company.
- Contributes to a positive work environment by demonstrating and sharing functional / technical knowledge.
- Actively participates in continuous improvement, dimensional quality concerns and customer issues, and supports departmental goals and objectives.
- Will conduct himself/herself in a manner consistent with those practices lending to the safe operation of the division and displaying leadership, concern and a safe work ethic.
- Comply with the designated responsibilities related to effective environmental management in accordance with UTIL’s Environmental Management System (EMS).
- Perform all job functions in a safe and healthful manner, abiding by all health, safety and environmental rules and regulations including the use of personal protective equipment.
- Performs various other duties as required by a Supervisor and/ or Manager.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS / KNOWLEDGE / EXPERIENCE / EDUCATION
- Valid Ontario Millwright’s license.
- Minimum 5 years experience in similar role, ideally in production orientated environment, with emphasis on fine blank stamping, forming, processes.
- Hands-on experience with hydraulics, pneumatics, and mechanical theory.
- Basic machine shop skills (i.e. lathes, grinders, milling machines)
- Ability to use mig, tig, and arc welding equipment
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Able to relate/communicate well with people
- Requires good organizational skills, a self starter and a team player
POSITIONAL SUITABILITY / WORK CONDITIONS:
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Ability to work overtime if required.
- Possess mechanical aptitude, with an eye for detail and a willingness to learn
- Be punctual, reliable and willing to work flex hours.
- Environment can be noisy and oily
UTIL Canada Limited is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce, encouraging applications from all qualified individuals.
UTIL Canada is committed to treating all people in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence through equal integration and opportunity, eliminating barriers to accessibility to meet the requirements under the AODA. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates.
Job Type: Full-time
- Millwright: 5 years (Required)
- Industial Millwright (Required)
- English (Required)