Procurement Officer, Construction - (PRO00AB)
Start Rate $39.27 per hour
$39.27 to $49.72 per hour (ATU Bargaining Unit)
Metrolinx is an agency of the Government of Ontario and our goal is to create a transportation network that enhances the prosperity, sustainability and quality of life for the Greater Toronto and Hamilton Area. We lead planning in the region with a Regional Transportation Plan that guides the work and investments of the organization. This includes building light transit, bus rapid transit and Regional Express Rail, as well as operating GO Transit, UP Express and PRESTO.
Under the supervision of the assigned Category Manager, the Procurement Officer, Construction coordinates the procurement of goods and services; and. provides strategic guidance to clients on preparation of contracts and specifications.
- Providing detailed ongoing guidance to client groups on the principles of contract and specification preparation and procurement strategies; ensuring continuity of supply by developing new/alternate sources of supply.
- Administering and coordinating the procurement process including drafting RFx documents and negotiation for complex and high value (multi-million dollar) projects via different procurement vehicles using either Price based or Evaluated methodologies.
- Providing client groups/vendors with status for all procurements
- Administering and monitoring the procurement processes encompassing minor to major operating & capital projects with emphasis on the procurement of goods and services.
- Ensuring that procurement processes are conducted in compliance with applicable laws, corporate policies and procedures to achieve best value.
- Coordinating amendments to contracts.
30 Wellington Street West
- Successful completion of a university degree, preferably in business, commerce, supply chain management, engineering or a related discipline, or a combination of education, experience and training deemed equivalent.
- Knowledge of purchasing principles and practices normally attained through the completion of a professional development program with certification such as Supply Chain Management Professional (SCMP), Certified Supply Chain Professional (CSCP), Certified Professional in Supply Management (CPSM), Certified Public Procurement Officer (CPPO), Certified Professional Public Buyer (CPPB), or completion of the Ontario Public Buyers Association's (OPBA's) Principles of Effective Public Purchasing Certificate Program, or any combination of education, training and experience deemed equivalent.
- Minimum 4 years' experience, providing a solid background in administering and coordinating complex procurement processes, including drafting RFx documents and chairing meetings.
- Analytical, organization skills and attention to details are required to effectively administer the overall procurement process.
- Excellent, oral and written communications along with strong customer service skills to establish effective working relations with client groups and vendors.
- Thorough knowledge of computer applications especially MS Word and Excel.
To apply for this position, please submit your resume online, no later than July 19, 2020.
Please note that applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada. Accommodation will be provided throughout the hiring process, as required. Applicants must make their needs known in advance.
Please be advised, Metrolinx uses email to communicate with their applicants for open job competitions. A Criminal Record Search may be required of the successful candidate. Should it be determined that any background information provided be misleading, inaccurate or incorrect, Metrolinx reserves the right to discontinue with the consideration of your application.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Closing Date (Period for Applying) - External: