Telecon Inc., a leading provider of telecommunications network infrastructure services is seeking an energetic, career-minded individual looking to take on the position of Utility Locator. This unique and exciting opportunity allows you to work outside and independently while building a life-long career. The company will provide full in-class and on-site training to ensure you have all the skills required to excel as a Utility Locator. In addition, you will be provided with a cell phone, company vehicle and gas card.
The Utility Locator plays an integral role in marking underground utilities and meeting our high-quality standards. He/she will conduct locating services for residential and commercial customers within a specified geographical area.
- Conduct utility locates as required
- Conduct research or analyze data regarding excavation locations, construction prints and plans to determine actual lines of requested utilities
- Operate various electronic devices including use of a receiver wand and transmitter designed to assist in the locating and verifying of underground utilities including gas, phone and fiber optic cables
- Mark utility lines using spray paint or coloured flags
- Prepares various reports and documentation verifying marked utilities
- Complete locates to Promark-Telecon standards and schedules as required
- Minimum high school education required
- Valid G class driver’s license with clean driver’s abstract
- Previous experience locating utilities an asset
- Previous construction experience an asset
- Ability to distinguish colours for marked utilities
- Ability to work with minimal supervision with strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to carry up to 15 lbs.
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Excellent customer service skills with the ability to interact with clients, colleagues and the public
- Intermediate computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Confined Space Entry training an asset
Travel is required as projects will be located throughout geographic region (Company vehicle and gas card will be provided). This is a unionized position.
Must be able to perform the physical demands of the position’s work tasks. This includes but not limited to, movement of equipment and/or materials; ability to carry equipment (transmitter and receiver) up to 8 lbs. each and the ability to stand or walk for extended periods of time.
ABOUT TELECON GROUP
Founded in 1967, Telecon leverages its national presence and network of over 3,000 professionals to design, build and connect telecommunications networks nationwide. Our end-to-end service offering includes engineering, locating, construction, installation and maintenance of underground, aerial, indoors and wireless telecommunications networks. Driven by a desire to remain the industry leader, our team is committed to offering turnkey solutions and targeted, dedicated, superior quality services, on time and on budget, to meet our customers’ needs and requirements. Our seasoned and innovative professionals working across Canada are passionate about their work, keen to delighting our customers and strongly committed to health and safety.
Telecon Group welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- construction/working outdoors: 1 year (Preferred)
- G Class Driver's Licence (Required)