If you’re passionate about leading a team that is, committed to the Team Member Experience and driven by innovation and growth – then join us!
The Director of Resident Programs and Admissions is a critical role within our communities as it impacts the lives of residents through the strong leadership and motivation of Sienna team members.
As a Director of Resident Programs and Admissions your typical day will impact in the following ways:
- Planning, coordinating, directing and monitoring the effectiveness of all
operational activities within the programs, wellness and recreation departments.
- Managing, planning, and evaluating a wide range of services and activities to
meet the needs of the resident in accordance with quality management,
legislative requirements and organization standards.
- Assessing of individual resident activity and leisure requirements, interests and
abilities in order to identify needs, develops appropriate support to optimize
resident involvement, and introduces new and/or modified activities, programs,
services as applicable.
- Participating in the recruitment, team member and labour relations, orientation,
occupational and non-occupational injury/illness, performance management,
training, education and other people related functions of the Long Term Care
Community for respective department team members.
- Ensuring that all required programs and therapy committees are functioning
within their terms of reference and areas of responsibility.
- Assisting in linking residents and family with resources and services both within
the Long Term Care and community.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- A post-secondary diploma or degree in recreation and leisure studies,
therapeutic recreation, kinesiology or other related field from a community
college or university.
- Current Standard and/or Emergency First Aid and CPR Certification
- Minimum 3 years’ equivalent experience in management, program planning,
implementation, and evaluation.
- 3-5 years’ experience in Long Term Care with specialized knowledge of
Bonus points for having:
- At least 1 year experience in a health care setting.
- Vulnerable Sector Screening.
- Membership with TRO/APO and/or registration with Therapeutic Recreation for
Ontario (R/TRO) preferred.
Act upon your desire to help others and Join Sienna Senior Living as we continue to enhance the lives of those we serve.
For Ontario locations, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act 2005, upon request, support will be provided for accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and assessment process.