Who We Are:
Novus Health provides health navigation and wellness solutions to more than 5 million Canadians through our valued clients – top Canadian insurers and employers. Combining our technology platform and team of health care experts, we deliver customized solutions for our clients to empower their members in improving their health – from finding a doctor to learning how to manage high cholesterol. We help people find the answers they need to become healthy. Our environment is fun, focused and fosters an ability to experiment with finding solutions that help our clients. Further, we offer a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits package including life, health and dental, vision, a generous wellness bursary, tuition reimbursement, and a business casual environment. Novus is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Who You Are:
Novus Health is seeking an enthusiastic and compassionate Health Information Specialist who thrives in a team environment and wants to put their health care experience and education to work. As a health information specialist, you will be responsible for researching the Canadian health care system and various public health issues to help disseminate health and wellness information to all Novus Health program members. Ideal candidates will have a background in nursing, health studies, health sciences research, health informatics, social work, public health and education, physical therapy, or other areas in the health field.Candidate must be bilingual – English and French, both spoken and written, and be willing to work shifts (during a 6:30 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. timeframe) This role is out of her Montréal, QC office.
The Bilingual Health Information Specialist fosters compassionate communication and is research-focused. This role involves informing clients about health and wellness procedures over the phone, troubleshooting, conducting in-depth research on the Canadian health care system and participating in educational opportunities, all the while complying with the highest standards and guidelines.
- Answer telephone calls. Obtain client information and assess client needs, screen for eligibility requirements, identify appropriate resources, and make outbound calls to resources and call-backs when necessary
- Inform costumer by explaining procedures; answer questions and provide information
- Perform research on the Canadian health care system, social services and various public health issues
- Disseminate health and wellness information to customers
- Escalate issues and complaints to management
- Handle and troubleshoot issues reported by customers
- Report problems/issues and make recommendations to management about procedures and products
- Update job knowledge by studying new product descriptions; participate in educational opportunities
- Maintain and improve quality results by adhering to standards and guidelines including confidentiality; help improve procedures
- Perform additional content and administrative duties such as writing outlines, editing copy, and quality assurance; as well as, other activities contributing to the development of services.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in French and English
- Conformable talking on the phone and asking questions to determine costumer’s needs
- Open to learning new skills
- Strong team work capabilities
- Candidate must be willing to work shifts (during a 6:30 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. time-frame)
- Background in nursing, health studies, health sciences research, health informatics, social work, public health and education, physical therapy, or other areas in the health field
- Empathetic, patient, and highly attentive
- Experience with detailed research using the Internet and information databases
- Scientifically oriented, critical thinking.
- Demonstrate the ability to discriminate reputable from non-reputable sources
- Knowledge of common medical terminology
- Post-secondary education (completed or ongoing)
- Proven administrative abilities with strong MS Office skills
Job Type: Part-time
- health care: 1 year (Preferred)