Bridgeview is currently seeking a forklift operator for our manufacturing plant near Gerald, SK. The position is responsible for indoor material handling and inventory control in a farm machinery manufacturing environment.
The successful candidate is responsible for:
- Operating electric and propane powered indoor forklifts
- Completing pre-start checklists. Advising maintenance personnel of any upcoming periodic service intervals or immediate maintenance concerns
- Move all types of material through the shop (pallets, crates, raw materials, finished weldments). Materials may be unusual in size and shape but must still be transported safely.
- Work closely with supervisors to ensure workstations receive their materials on time.
- Load and unload larger weldments off paint racks
- Sort and kit parts for welding work stations
- Assist with basic housekeeping or other shop jobs as necessary
Applicants must have forklift or machinery operating experience. Bridgeview is willing to provide training to the right applicant.
Wage is dependent on experience. Compensation includes benefits, performance bonus, RRSP
matching, and a 4-10 (Monday - Thursday) shift.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $18.00-$25.00 per hour
- Load and unload trucks
- Move and stack materials
- Keep production lines supplied with empty containers and packaging materials as needed
- Rotate floor stock
- General housekeeping duties in the warehouse or production area and duties as assigned
- Follow forklift operating guidelines and procedures
- Perform proper forklift inspection, minor servicing and repairs as necessary