District Human Resources Business Partner
Kent is the largest retail building supply chain in Atlantic Canada. Our mission is to be the best source of home improvement products through superior service, quality products and everyday great prices. We protect our customers and staff by hiring and training associates committed to our safety values.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a* District HR Business Partner*.
Reporting to the District Manager, the HR Business Partner (HRBP) will act as a strategic partner to our stores. As an HRBP, you will play a critical role in strategizing, planning, hiring and delivering HR solutions to align with Kent's pupose, guiding principles and strategic objectives. You will work collaboratively with your Recruiment Manager and with a team of Recruitment coordinators reporting to you, to deliver HR solutions that move our business forward.
Your exceptional relationship building skills and ability to influence coupled with your strong business acumen and customer service orientation will ensure the associate engagement and business goals of the organization are met.
- Work and report to your district’s Distrit Manager
- Support your Recruitment Coordinator on post requisitions, conduct interviews, complete reference checks, background checks, arrange/complete drug testing of applicants.
- Anticipate and understand the recruitment needs of your stores in partnership with the Recruitment Manager focusing on talent identification, retention and career development
- Various HR administrative duties and special assignments as required.
- Provide support to your Recruitment coordinators team to conducts research of sourcing of qualified candidates.
- Approve candidates on our hiring system (Taleo)
- Provides support coordination of recruitment projects and related services to supervisors, hiring managers, recruitment team members, and others.
- Participates in job fairs, community activities, and other public and departmental recruitment-related events.
- Assist with employee onboarding.
- Assists with identifying issues affecting recruitment and implementing recruitment activities to continuously improve process
- Post-secondary degree with a concentration in Human Resources, Business or a related discipline.
- Relevant experience in delivering Human Resources services or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficiency with MS Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Demonstrated capability to work on multiple priorities with a strong sense of urgency to execute and deliver results.
- Customer-focused, results driven team player.
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a high level of professionalism, accuracy and detail.
- HR certification would be considered an asset.
- Lean Six Sigma or other process improvement certifications/experience would be an asset.
- Must be bilingual (French and English)
- A safe work environment
- Incentive programs
- Employee discount
- Employee and Family Assistance Plan
- Opportunities for growth and career advancement
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please apply online!
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent