Considered Canada's most beautiful University, Western's main campus spans 400 acres of Gothic-style buildings mixed with modern LEED-certified capital structures providing an idyllic environment for our community of scholars. The university is located in London, Canada, a safe, vibrant and welcoming community of more than 350,000 people serving as a regional medical and industrial hub for southwestern Ontario.
Facilities Management is responsible for the planning, development, engineering, construction, operation, maintenance and stewardship of all the buildings, infrastructure, sites and services within Western’s campus community.
Reporting to the Director, Business Operations, the Manager, Facilities Technology Systems is a strategic and technical leadership role that is accountable for the oversight and management of the systems unit for Facilities Management (FM). The role will work in collaboration with Western Technology Services, Institutional Planning and Budgeting, Human Resources and the FM management team and will oversee the development and maintenance of FM’s Information Technology applications, integrations and database infrastructure. The Manager will participate in the development and implementation of systems related plans; oversee and coordinate IT systems related projects for the department, consistent with campus-wide IT technology strategies, University polices and regulations; initiate the exploration of new technologies; and contribute to the development of new business processes in support of FM’s goals. In addition, the Manager will manage resources, lead and direct the work of others, and ensure appropriate controls are in place to manage risks.
- Undergraduate Degree or College diploma with a major in Computer Programming, Computer Systems, Information Management, Information Technology or a related field
- University Degree in Computer Science or in related Information Technology field preferred
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Designation preferred
- 5 years' of IT field experience managing IT project implementations and upgrades
- 3 years of experience managing staff
- Experience in strategic planning, implementation and operationalization
- Experience in a unionized and/or facilities management environment preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to set priorities, in consultation with others, to advance library and information technologies and ensure library systems are operational and responsive to user and staff needs
- Ability to prepare and manage IT budgets and engage in lifecycle planning
- Excellent communication skills to effectively interact with technical and non-technical users
- Project management skills to manage multiple projects simultaneously from conception to completion within prescribed timelines
- Ability to assess customer needs and expectations and provide excellent customer service directly and indirectly to satisfy expectations
- Demonstrated resourcefulness with a strong sense of accountability and initiative
- Proven ability to interact and collaborate with people in an open, professional, respectful and diplomatic manner
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with other departments, key partners and external stakeholders
- Ability to provide leadership and formal supervision of staff including establishing priorities, distributing work and resources, and assigning project teams
- Capacity to multi-task and to manage multiple competing priorities in a highly dynamic work environment with both technical and non-technical staff
- A strong technical acumen and knowledge in a broad array of infrastructure technologies, client services, website and application development, networked services, and system administration.
- Ability to ensure confidentiality and privacy is maintained through the appropriate retention and destruction of information
- Advanced judgment, analytical and problem-solving skills with a consultative and collaborative approach to addressing issues and opportunities
- Results-oriented with the ability to motivate and coach employees to meet high performance standards, while working effectively as a member of the leadership team
Interested applicants are asked to visit: https://recruit.uwo.ca for further information and to apply online reference job #24780 by midnight on January 31, 2022.
Reference ID: 24780
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Effective September 7, 2021, all employees and visitors to campus are required to comply with Western's COVID-19 Vaccination Policy.