Promenade Senior Suites is a luxurious retirement community in Ottawa is seeking the services of an exceptional Food
Service Manager (FSM).
Taking direction from the General Manager the FSM is accountable for the operation of the Food Services Department,
including management, purchasing, operational and menu planning.
- Delivering food services according to legislation and to meet the needs of the residents
- Managing schedules and overseeing the work of cooks, prep cooks, servers and dishwashers.
- Working in collaboration with the Executive Director to hire, direct, reprimand, suspend or terminate associates as
- In collaboration with the nursing associate, interviewing residents to assess their dietary needs, restrictions and likes
- In collaboration with the Executive Director, creating a four week menu that provides variety and meets the Canada Food
- Preparing food services budget and monitoring monthly compliance
- Ordering and receiving food according to the communitys preferred supplier and prescribed budget
- Ensuring that standards of sanitation are met
- Ensuring recipes are tested and available for associates use
- Accountable for Human Resource function for Food Services associates.
- Graduate of recognized course in Culinary Management or with 3 years experience or equivalent
- Experience with working with the elderly
- HACCP Certified preferred
- Minimum 5 years or related experience in retirement home, hospital or hotel setting in volume food preparation
- Previous supervisory capability and experience
- Knowledge of special and therapeutic diets.
- Familiar with weights and measurements, recipe conversion and portion control
- Completion of Safe Food Handlers Certification course
- Knowledge of Ontario Food Premises Regulation and Canadaâ€™s Food Guide
- Must be able to work productively with other department heads and personnel
- Ability to work within and promote a team environment
- Must enjoy working with residents
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written and proficiency with Microsoft Office tools and Excel spreadsheets
- Must be able to read, write and understand English
- Highly organized and able to work independently
- Is a competent person as defined by the Occupational Health & Safety Act
In addition to your resume, we would like to hear about your passion for fresh, wholesome, nutritious, appetizing,
interesting food and your love of seniors!