Praetorian Garde Protection Services is a privately owned and operated Ontario-based security agency servicing Canada’s National Capital and its' surrounding regions.
Operating since 2013, Praetorian Garde specializes in a wide selection of services, which include, but are not limited to Plain Clothed and Uniformed Security, Mobile Patrol, Alarm Response and Private Property Parking Enforcement.
If you are self-motivated, energetic, and passionate about security and/or strive for a future career in Municipal, Provincial or Federal law enforcement, we want to hear from you!
Praetorian Garde is presently hiring license Security Guards for the positions of:
- Security Guard, Ottawa, ON. (Occasional, part-time, full-time positions available)
*Positions may require shift work including but not limited to days, evenings, nights, weekends and holidays.
As a member of Praetorian Garde, successful applicants may be responsible for providing municipal law enforcement (Parking) on private properties, front-line and/or support security services and maintain a safe and secure environment of internal and external clients; in addition to their properties, liabilities and reputations.
- Successful applicants are required to be enthusiastic team players, with a keen commitment to provide personalized customer service and willing to contribute to the general development and success oneself and of Praetorian Garde.
- Problem-solving, excellent decision-making and analytical skills are essential to perform in a wide array of mundane to spontaneous stressful situations.
- Positions deal with safety, security-related issues in a confidential and professional manner.
- Interpreting and applying various rules, regulations and applicable legislation including; City of Ottawa By-laws, Provincial Offences and the Criminal Code of Canada, on or in relation to client properties.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, as well as organizational and time-management skills are necessary.
- Fluent in English, French and/ or other language communication skills are an asset.
- Previous experience in the security field is an asset.
- Minimum High School graduate or equivalent.
- Must possess a valid security guard license under the Private Security Investigative Services Act, Ontario.
- Post-secondary education is an asset.
- Previous education or training related to the security field is an asset.
*Praetorian Garde is focused continuous training.
- -Knowledgeable and having the capability of learning the operations of fire alarm panels, security systems (including electronic access systems), intercoms, two-way radios, telephones, close-circuit television camera systems and basic computer skills.
- $14.00 (Class 5, Probationary Guard) to $15.25 (Class 2, Probationary Guard)
- Automatic bonus and raise, $14.25 (Class 5, Guard) to $16.25 (Class 1, Guard), upon successful completion of Praetorian Garde probationary period (720 hours worked)
- Comprehensive, transparent and self-development oriented pay-scale with the opportunity for advancement, $15.00 (Class 4, Acting Senior Guard) to $18.25 (Class 1, Staff Sergent)
- Direct Deposit. *New effective May 2020.
Interested parties, please forward cover letters, resumes and portfolios via e-mail.
Thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. Accommodation will be provided throughout the hiring process, as required.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Casual, Permanent
- security: 1 year (Preferred)
- Ontario Security Guard (Required)