Job Posting for: Hardware Developer
Reports to: Engineering Manager, Hardware
Location: Calgary, AB
Employment Type: Permanent, Full-time
About the Company
INOVA aspires to be THE land seismic technology company by developing reliable seismic instruments that enable geophysical service providers to efficiently design and execute complex seismic acquisition programs on behalf of our energy and production customers around the world.
We are a global organization with technical professionals who focus on innovation in land seismic product development to ensure our products remain on the cutting-edge of innovation, guided by the practical reality of what contractors require to reliably execute complex seismic programs in the most difficult operating environments. In addition, we manufacture these innovative seismic instruments with a strong commitment to quality and safety. Our global sales and service teams market our innovative products and concentrate on providing ‘Best in Class’ customer satisfaction.
Purpose of the Job:
As part of the INOVA Engineering team, the Hardware Developer will design seismic acquisition products. The candidate will design and analyze electronic circuitry, select and test hardware components, create test plans, conduct testing, and write test reports.
Duties and job requirements include, but are not limited to:
- Design and draft drawings, diagrams and specifications for electronic assemblies including. These duties include but not limited to:
- Electronics schematic design
- Create specifications for electronics assembly at INOVA’s Contract Manufacturer * Determine root cause failure analysis of electronic assemblies
- Collaboratively develop new product specifications based on customer requirements. Requirements to be gathered from:
- market research
- customer requirements gathered from discussions with Field Support personal
- manufacturing requirements gathered from INOVA manufacturing group * Develop test plans for product qualification and design assurance.
- Work well unassisted reporting status and findings regularly to supervisors
- Work in accordance with all legislation and company policy requirements pertaining to employee safety, health and wellness
Education and Work Experience:
- Post-secondary degree in Electrical Engineering
- 5+ years of experience designing high speed digital circuitry, analog instrumentation, and power circuits
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience with test equipment and instrumentation used in electronics validation
- Must be able and willing to travel internationally as work requires
- Work well-unassisted reporting status and findings regularly to supervisors.
Preference Given to Candidates with the following:
- 10+ years of experience designing high speed digital circuitry, analog instrumentation, and power circuits
- Experience programming Microcontrollers, (C/C+, Assembler) with well-structured and documented code from concept to market
- Experience with VHDL or Verilog
- Candidates with experience with IPC standards and have a contract manufacturing background
- PCB design and circuit board routing experience using the Altium electronics CAD package and creating specifications for Printed Circuit Board (PCB) fabrication
We sincerely thank you for your interest in this position, however, we will only contact applicants selected for an interview.
Job Type: Full-time