**HIRING ALL DEPARTMENTS**
Providing excellent Customer Service and Helping with all aspects of store operations including grocery stocking, ensuring aisles are kept clean and unobstructed AND/OR scanning grocery prices, accepting payment for purchases, maintaining cleanliness and tidiness of the front end AND/OR stocking of fruit, vegetables, plants and bulk food items, removing expired product from produce display areas and ensuring the Produce department aisles are clean and unobstructed AND/OR labeling and dating fresh meat/deli items, keeping shelves stocked and presentation levels up to FreshCo standard.
Various Duties & Responsibilities
1. Provides Excellent customer service by greeting customers, and responding/ assisting them with their inquiries.
2. Maintains product display levels, in all departments, by determining product required and re-stocking within established guidelines, and by conducting inventory counts.
2. Maintains product inventory levels by completing and submitting order forms, and receiving/assisting with warehouse orders by checking order, unloading product from trucks, completing documentation, and storing product.
5. Processes customer purchases by scanning/entering price into cash register, and obtaining and processing payment.
7. Maintains appearance and cleanliness of front-end by cleaning and disinfecting; stocking/facing magazines supplies and candy items on racks; removing un-wanted items left by customers.
3. Maintains Health and Safety and Food Safety compliance by cleaning and disinfecting work areas including counters, display and storage areas, floors, sinks, equipment and removing expired products from shelves.
5. Performs other related duties as required.
· Grade 10 or an equivalent or an equivalent combination of education and experience
· Good customer service skills
· Ability to communicate effectively with staff and customers
· Ability to work independently and effectively in a fast paced environment
* Ability to complete assigned tasks within the allotted time frame
· Physical ability to perform the duties of the job
· Lifting weights of 10 - 20 kilograms (45lbs)
· Standing for long periods of time
· Some reaching to display and cull products; Reaching and lifting of grocery items while scanning items; Bending and reaching while stocking grocery areas
* Exposure to heat, cold and dust due to work location near store entrance/exits; Exposure to seasonal heat and cold and dust while working in receiving area; Exposure to cool and cold temperatures while working in dairy or frozen food areas
· Some bending to clean surrounding floor area of debris
· Using equipment including knives for trimming product or box cutters and pump jacks to move skids through the store
· Exposure to chemicals used for cleaning utensils and work areas
Part-time hours: 20-30 per week
Application deadline: 2021-06-26
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Salary: From $15.20 per hour
- Casual dress
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- On-site parking
- Store discount
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- On call
All employees wear masks while inside the building. We perform store wide cleaning 4 times per day, including back room and staff areas. We have hand sanitizer available at the store entrance and exit.
- sales: 1 year (preferred)
- customer service: 1 year (preferred)
- Day Shift (preferred)
- Night Shift (preferred)