Pacekids Programs is a charitable organization that strives to empower children with special needs and their families through excellence in therapy and education. From as young as six months of age, Pacekids is there to support children with special needs and their families in the home, in the community and in the classroom. Pacekids offers a dynamic, active environment, specializing in therapeutic learning, supporting each child's unique developmental and physical needs.
If you are passionate about helping children with special needs and their families thrive, then Pacekids Programs is the organization for you!
Pacekids offers the challenge and reward of working in an integrated, child and family focused environment – a setting that recognizes and appreciates your contribution and gives you the deep satisfaction of making a real difference.
We are looking to hire a Pediatric Speech Language Pathologist to work in our Family Support for Children with Disabilities (FSCD) programs. This position would be eligible for reimbursement for moving expenses incurred in order to relocate to Calgary, AB for the role, if applicable, up to a maximum amount depending on location. This full-time position (37.5 hours/week) involves programming both in homes and via Zoom with children with disabilities and their families in the Calgary area. This position requires availability on weekdays and weeknight evenings until 6:00pm.
The Pacekids Speech and Language Pathologist’s (SLP) main responsibility is the assessment and treatment of preschool and school-aged children working within families’ homes as part of our FSCD programs. The SLP is responsible for the planning and coaching of speech and language, communication, and feeding/swallowing programming that meets the unique needs of the children and families with whom they work, while collaborating with other therapists on the child’s/family’s team.
What We Offer
We are proud to offer a package that aligns with our values:
- A fun, supportive and energetic team
- An environment that encourages feedback and growth
- A competitive compensation package that includes generous vacation, sick, and personal time entitlements
- A genuine understanding of work and life demands, offering options to help balance personal and work life
- Support for professional development including extensive in-house learning and development programs and PD funds
- The opportunity to make a meaningful impact in the lives of children and families, while working in a multidisciplinary team.
- Reimbursement for moving expenses incurred in order to relocate for this role, if applicable, up to a maximum amount depending on location
Include but are not limited to:
- Coaching and consulting with families via Zoom, on-site, and in home, providing appropriate strategies and recommendations for a child’s programming
- Conducting screenings of preschool and school-aged children
- Developing functional, multidisciplinary goals and plans that promote child development and parent education and empowerment
- Monitoring and updating program plans and participating in meetings with the interdisciplinary team and families
- Collaborating with families and interdisciplinary team members to target goals in a variety of settings
- Providing session summary reports and maintaining documentation to meet both the standards of the professional college and Pacekids’ practices
- Providing education and training to Pacekids’ staff
- Ensuring all hour tracking, documentation, and filing is appropriately completed
- Maintaining and managing a caseload
What You Bring
Core competencies and qualifications:
- Completion of a Master’s Degree in Speech-Language Pathology or equivalent
- Registered member in good standing, or in the process of registering, with a Speech-Language regulatory or licensing body in Canada
- Experience working with preschool and school-aged children with special needs, including experience working with children with Autism
- Current driver’s license
- Access to a full-time personal vehicle (the successful candidate will be compensated for mileage)
- Proficiency in the English language, both written and verbal
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, with an emphasis on self-initiative, patience, maturity, and tact
- Availability on weekdays and weeknight evenings until 6:00pm
- Clearance from a Criminal Record check, including a Vulnerable Sector check
- Clearance from a Child Intervention Record Check
Pacekids Programs is an equal opportunity employer. We appreciate a diverse workforce and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the grounds of race, colour, ancestry, place of origin, religious beliefs, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, physical disability, mental disability, marital status, family status, source of income, or sexual orientation.
If you require accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, or otherwise participating in the hiring process, please direct your inquiries to Pacekids’ Human Resources team at firstname.lastname@example.org.