Petite Riviere Vineyards is a destination winery in the LaHave River Valley Wine Region on the south shore of Nova Scotia. We are known for our excellent array of red wines, well-loved whites and sparkling wines.
If you enjoy wine and want to work in your community, this is a position for you. We are currently seeking a Winery Shop Representative for the 2020 season to start as soon as possible.
Title: Petite Riviere Vineyards Wine Shop Representative (seasonal-up to 30 hours/week)
Pay Rate: $ 12.55/Hour
Locations: Petite Riviere, Nova Scotia
- Personable, well-kept appearance, engaging and customer service-orientedWine appreciation/knowledge
- Flexible hours – must be able to work weekends, occasional evenings
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Dependable self-starter, organized, responsible, ability to work independently
- Retail experience preferred
- Must be familiar with using a computer
- Must be 19 years or older
- Fit enough to carry 1 case of wine (35lbs)
- Access to vehicle, valid driver's license required
- Wine and product sales, including wine samplings
- Setup and perform Winery Tours and Wine Tastings for various size groups
- Participate in Winery Hosted Events including setup, teardown, service & cleanup
- Balancing end of day Sales sheets
- Answering telephone and follow-up for inquiries
- Organizing and restocking inventory and sales displays
- Winery cleaning including frequent sanitizing , floors, bathroom, kitchen
- Maintain terrace - weeding, and some gardening work
- Various other tasks as assigned by management
This is a seasonal position averaging between 13-20 hours per week. Winery open 7 days/week through end of October. Weekends only through end of December.
Job Types: Part-time, Temporary
Salary: $12.55 per hour
- Casual Dress
- Store Discount
We maintain social distancing, and sanitize frequently. Employees wash hands frequently. Measures in place to distance customers from staff.
- Retail: 1 year (Preferred)