Venture Steel, part of the Giampaolo family of companies, is growing and we are looking for an energetic individual to be an integral part of our fast paced accounting department. If you consider yourself a problem solver, have strong analytical skills and are not afraid of a challenge this may be the role for you. Our talented team of accounting professionals are excited about having a new member join our team; anxious to share their knowledge and expertise with the right individual in support of you realizing your career aspirations. If you are ready to take the next step in your career we need to talk!
What we need from you:
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in an Accounting or Finance department.
- Attention to detail and the ability to multi task in a fast paced environment.
- Strong computer skills; MS Office with an emphasis on Excel.
- Dedicated commitment to providing superior, timely, internal and external customer service.
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to communicate clearly and effectively in verbal and written form.
What will help you:
- Pursuing CPA designation is preferred
- Ability to learn quickly and with a desire to keep learning!
- Previous experience using Great Plains is an asset
- Fluent in Spanish would be a definite asset
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits
- RSP Matching Contribution plan
- Access to company gym
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in preparing accurate month end accruals and journal entries..
- Prepare GL account reconciliations and analysis for both Canadian and Mexican entities.
- Assist with inventory accounting/revaluations.
- Customer Rebate Process. Includes system adjustments, reconciliations and report generation.
- Participate in the preparation of the monthly financial statements.
- Perform financial transactions, including verifying, classifying, computing, posting and recording Accounts Receivables and Payables data
- Assist with ongoing enhancement projects as required.
- College diploma/University degree preferred.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA). Venture Steel will provide accommodation to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Job Type: Full-time
- Accounting: 1 year (Preferred)
- Office Administration: 1 year (Preferred)
- DCS / DEC (Preferred)
- Etobicoke, ON (Preferred)