London Hunt and Country Club is accepting applications to join our Food and Beverage Team as a Dining Room Server.
Provide food and beverage service to the Club’s Members and guests in the Clubhouse.
This position will present the opportunity to:
- Set up side station and perform assigned side (prep) work.
- Provide immediate attention to all Members and guests upon seating.
- Distribute food and wine menus; answer inquiries.
- Take members’ and guests’ orders; suggestively sell food and beverage items, if appropriate.
- Place orders with kitchen; inform cooks about any special cooking instructions.
- Serve meals; place dishes by course in front of each person.
- Check back to ensure member and guest satisfaction; replenish water and butter as necessary.
- Remove soiled dishes.
- Present dessert menus, suggest and serve dessert, coffee, and after-dinner drinks.
- Present the bill
- Handle all cash and credit card charges as prescribed by standard operating procedures.
- Keep tables, dining room and bus station areas clean.
- Advise supervisor of any complaints as soon as they occur.
- Perform clean-up and closing duties as assigned by the manager.
- Attend pre-meal meetings as requested by the dining room captain (dining room supervisor, dining room manager, or outlet manager).
- Thank members and guests; invite them to return.
- Consistently follow local and federal laws and the club’s policies and procedures for the service of alcoholic beverages to members and guests.
- Perform other appropriate duties assigned by dining room or outlet manager.
- Successful completion of the Smart Serve Certificate (prior to start date).
- Ability to interact with guests and colleagues in a courteous and professional manner.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to follow instructions.
- Successful completion of the Safe Food Handlers Certificate (recommended).
- Successful police check for the vulnerable sector may be required.
This opportunity provides competitive wages, gratuities, uniform and savings opportunities with our community partners. If you are committed to playing a key role and joining a fantastic Food and Beverage Team, we invite you to submit your resume.
The London Hunt and Country Club is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equity, value diversity, and welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds. London Hunt and Country Club provides accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If a job applicant requires an accommodation during the application process or through the selection process, the hiring manager and Controller will work with the applicant to meet the job applicant's accommodation needs.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Temporary, Permanent
Salary: $13.20 per hour
- Company Events
- Discounted or Free Food
- On-site Gym
- On-site Parking
- Store Discount
- serving: 1 year (Required)
- customer service: 1 year (Preferred)
- Food Handler (Preferred)
- Smart Serve (Required)
- Greeting and seating customers
- Taking, confirming orders and relaying to the kitchen or bar staff
- Serving food
- Serving alcohol
- Busing, cleaning, and resetting tables
- Answering phone calls
- Placing to-go orders
- Prep or side work
- Preparing bill and processing payment
- Assisting kitchen, such as plating and garnishing menu items
- Cleaning duties such as stocking, sanitizing, sweeping floors, washing dishes