EARLY CHILDHOOD ASSISTANTS
We are more than a daycare – we are part of the magnificent state-of-the-art Prosserman Jewish Community Centre (PJCC) and we are expanding! We are looking to hire 15 full-time Early Childhood Assistants. Join ourteam of 45+ dedicated Early Childhood Education professionals and enjoy all the wonderful perks of our incredible Centre:
· ECA – hourly rate $20.92 (including GOF+PWEG)
· Group Insurance Benefits (we pay 50% of premiums)
· 10 days paid vacation and 15 days after 2 years
· Jewish holidays off with pay when they fall on weekdays
· Free family fitness membership (includes access to 100 group exercise classes & 3 swimming pools)
· Program Discounts (including summer camp)
Situated on the Sherman Campus (Bathurst/Sheppard major intersection), the PJCC is a vibrant and welcoming hub that inspires meaningful and healthy lifestyles. As a primary destination of Jewish engagement, the JCC strengthens individuals and families through its dynamic program offerings.
Our daycare offers;
ü Bright sun-filled well-fitted classrooms.
ü Coaching, mentoring and staff development.
ü Embracing ELECT, How Learning Happens and JCC Sheva teaching philosophies.
ü Enriched specialist programming - sports, art, ceramics, music, drama and more.
ü Supportive, enthusiastic, experienced, fun teams to work with.
What are we looking for?
- Enthusiasm, a love of working with children and a passion for teaching.
- Experience working in a daycare/preschool environment in Ontario.
- Registered in good standing with the College of ECE (RECE positions).
· Knowledge and understanding of the ELECT framework and How Learning Happens.
- Knowledge of Jewish life, traditions, culture and Israel and/or willingness to learn.
- Excellent English language skills: oral communication, writing, reading.
- Hebrew proficiency an asset but not required.
- Vulnerable Sector check, Child abuse registry check, Immunization records, TB clearance, Standard First Aid Certificate.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills: great attitude and ability to build relationships with parents, co-workers and children.
- A positive “can-do" approach, solutions-based problem-solving skills and ability to multi-task.
- Punctual, responsible and dependable.
- Available for full-time rotating 8-hour shifts (including 1- hour lunchtime) between 7:30a.m.& 6:00p.m.
We welcome all applicants. Accommodations during all phases of the hire process will be made wherever possible. Please submit your resume via e-mail toElaine Raifmanno later than August 15, 2020. New RECE/ECA graduates welcome. Please clearly state the position title in your cover letter/email.
We appreciate and thank you for your application, however we will only be contacting candidates we wish to interview.
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: $18.92 per hour
- Casual Dress
- Company Pension
- Dental Care
- Disability Insurance
- Extended Health Care
- Life Insurance
- On-site Gym
- On-site Parking
- Paid Time Off