NWT Construction is currently seeking a BASE CREW FOREMAN to work within our Yellowknife location. Reporting to the Superintendent, the Base Foreman directs and manages all on-site construction workers, subcontractors and equipment, enforcing the company’s direction, policies, procedures and safety standards, while meeting construction deadlines.
- Ensure sufficient deployment and productivity of work crews.
- Work as a team member and leader to carry out sub-grade preparation, which may include the use of cement powder to stabilize clay.
- Use survey equipment to ensure proper grading.
- Organize and coordinate the daily activities of all crew members, subcontractors, equipment and utilize corrective action to keep the project on time and on budget.
- Ensure subgrade materials and base gravels are laid to contract specifications.
- Identify and execute best practices concerning the efficient use of construction materials.
- Plan work in an efficient and effective order, maximizing progress in a safe and timely manner.
- Ensure company equipment is lawfully operated, cared for, maintained and used effectively.
- Read and interpret project plans and specifications.
- Operate heavy equipment and other construction duties as necessary.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. preferred
- Class 5 Drivers License
- Minimum 3 to 5 years’ experience within the road construction industry
- Minimum 2 to 3 years’ experience in a supervisory capacity, preferably as a Base Foreman.
- Ability to perform as a Finish Grader Operator in a municipal construction setting an asset.
- Experience with survey and grade checking an asset.
- Knowledge of base construction methods, road construction materials, heavy equipment operation and industry requirements.
- Must be physically able to repetitively lift and carry at least 50 LBS on a regular basis.
- Willing to work out of town and in remote locations, as required.
- Willing to work overtime, as required.
What's In It For You?
NWT Construction Ltd. is pleased to offer the successful candidate an attractive wage, comprehensive benefits, including a pension plan, educational assistance, excellent opportunities for professional growth, and more.
We thank all candidates for their interest in a position with NWT Construction Ltd., however only candidates selected to move forward will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Seasonal
- Dental care
- Life insurance
- Vision care
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Work Location: In person