Quality Engineer Must be flexible to work all shifts required
Role and Responsibilities
Quality Engineer responsibilities include the development and maintenance of FMEA, control plans, and internal audit systems. Other responsibilities will include the coordination and supervision of APQP and QC teams, resolution of product issues, and customer support.
- Quality Orientation
- Time Management
- Creative and Innovative Thinking
- Development and Continual Learning
- Problem Solving
- Accountability and Dependability
- Research and Analysis
- Decision making and Judgement
- Ethics and Integrity
- Planning and Organizing
- Mathematical Reasoning
- Coaching and Mentoring
- Energy & Stress
- Team Work
Job duties include:
- Develop and maintain control plans and Failure Mode and Effects Analysis for all new and current programs
- Leading a cross-functional team to investigate quality issues and recommend technical solutions
- Follow up on crucial engineering change activities to ensure ECN's are processed seamlessly
- Ensure great customer relations are developed and maintained
- Clearly and consistently communicate customer expectations to the Organization
- Lead/ coordinate cross-functional Advanced Product Quality Planning teams on product launches, apply lessons learned to continuously improve APQP process
- Lead/coordinate and supervise Quality Control activities across 3 shifts at all plants
- Provide written technical responses to customers on quality issues.
- Liaison with Customers during visits, builds, run at rates, Production Part Approval Process activities, process/ system audits, and APQP/ PDT meetings.
- Track and resolve open issues pertaining to new product launches, develop control documents and other Customer required quality documentation.
- Perform Quality-Engineering activities for internal issues. (e.g. problem solving, process audits, internal auditing, etc.).
- Responsible for internal systems audit.
- Liaison with Customers on quality issues, travel to customer location to orchestrate, sort, confirm issues and conduct investigation.
- Provide written technical responses to Customers on quality issues, i.e. CAR, 8D, 5 Why, etc.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Minimum of three years in Community College with Technology diploma or an Engineering degree. Special consideration to formal Quality Accreditation's (ASQC/AIAG) and technical courses completed (Auditor, etc.)
- Minimum of five years experience in Quality capacity with at least two years in a Q.E. role
- Demonstrated ability to lead APQP Process
- Good current working knowledge of AIAG standards (PQP, PPAP & PFMEA especially)
- Q.S. Lead Auditor accreditation
- Thorough current knowledge of AIAG APQP process with basic knowledge of Injection Molding process
- Strong mechanical aptitude and willingness to participate in internal training programs and attend external training as required
- Demonstrated organizational skills with strong oral and written communication abilities
- Strong leadership abilities, able to lead effective meetings
- Quality Control background including problem solving and root cause analysis
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated diplomacy and professionalism
- Sound technical background (hands-on) with logical deductive reasoning approach (natural Engineer type)
- Interest in developing technical skills through both internal and external training
- Exceptional organizational abilities with task prioritization, multi-tasking, use of timelines and time management techniques
- Leadership capability
- Conviction to improve personally and support continuous improvement in the department and company as a whole
- High level of personal integrity
- Strong work ethic
- Professional/mature demeanor under stressful situations
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Effective time management skills
- Confident, consistent decisive personality
- Must be able to work with little supervision; must be self-directed
Preferred Skills/work conditions:
- Some travel may be required
- Ability to attend and conduct presentations
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals
- Ability to physically implement designs
- Overtime as required
- Weekend work may be required
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $20.00 to $22.00 /hour
- working in an automotive industry under IATF 16949: 3 years (Preferred)