Drain Bros. Excavating Limited construction group in the Peterborough area with diverse business operations requires senior estimators who have experience in the areas of heavy civil construction, asphalt and road building and water and sewer main services.
FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Review proposals specifications and drawings to determine scope of work ad contents of estimate.
- Perform preliminary and detailed quantity take-off of all labour, equipment and materials required to complete the project as per contract specifications to ensure accuracy of pricing.
- Review tenders from sub-contractors and provide recommendations.
- Assist in preparing final bids in conjunction with the company President.
- Assist in the project management of contracts awarded including attending site meetings, identifying and pricing extra work, coordinating and scheduling the project to satisfy the customer’s needs, resolving contract disputes with the customer and any third parties, invoicing and account collections.
- Drive positive relationships and serve as key contact with Clients, Consultants and Subcontractors.
- Post-secondary diploma or degree in Quantity Surveyor or Civil Engineering.
- Minimum of 3 years of related estimating experience.
- Ability to read and understand construction drawings and construction contracts.
- Strong computer skills – MS Excel / Word / Project and estimating software.
- Strong communication skills – oral and written.
We offer an attractive salary package based on skills and experience along with a company vehicle and benefits.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $75,000.00-$100,000.00 per year
- Casual Dress
- Company Car
- Company Pension
- Dental Care
- Extended Health Care
- Life Insurance
- Vision Care
- 10 Hour Shift
- Monday to Friday
- Construction Estimating: 3 years (Preferred)
- Estimating: 3 years (Preferred)