EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY – EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT
ENOCH CREE PLANNING AND DEVELOPMENT SERVICES DIVISON
JOB PURPOSE: The Executive Assistant provides administrative support to the Executive Director and is responsible for assisting and providing senior level administrative support to the Enoch Planning and Development Services Division. Under the guidance and authority of the Enoch Planning and Services Division Executive Director, the Executive Assistant is responsible for: report and document preparation, meeting/ planning of events, scheduling of meetings, note and minute recording, along with filing and administration duties. The Executive Assistant ensures the Enoch Planning and Development Division is functioning efficiently and that all office related matters are handled promptly. Directs all the day-to-day administrative duties & responsibilities of the Enoch Administration.
Open all incoming correspondence and ensures that the mail log is maintained. Develop and maintains office filing system. Responsible for organization of reports, document preparation and scheduled meetings. Compiles minutes for various meetings, records information, produces summary/draft of information to the individuals involved. Assists the Executive Director, with the annual budget process, compile quarterly budget reports and provide summary analysis when required in relation to the Enoch Planning and Development Services Division. Draft correspondence for Managers, and or Departments. Attends internal/external meeting as directed by the Executive Director. Schedules meetings.
Prepares for meetings, open houses any associated signage for marketing, work information handouts, binders for presentations and associated information. Ensures any meals, food or drink requirements are ordered for any meetings, workshops or conferences of the division area, set up and delivered to the right location as per the orders along with clean up post meeting. Emails/mails, sort’s mail, compose memos, letters, agendas, and or any correspondence pertaining to the Enoch Cree Nation Planning and Development Services Division.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Able to answer switchboard, work alone or as part of a team, think on the spur of the moment using discretion and tact. Ability to be professional, courteous, formal and informal as the situation requires. Dependable, sociable, self-directed and able to keep calm under high pressure or stressful situations. Fluent in English. Knowledge of standard administrative management practices and procedures. Knowledge of business and management principles. Knowledge and awareness of First Nation’s administration and practices/procedures. Typing tests may be required. Able to handle a variety of tasks and different expectations dependent on work needed to be done.
- Proof of completion of High School. Post-secondary business administration, administrative assistant or general arts degree preferred. Alternative business/industry focused program education with work experience is also acceptable from alternative program schools. A combination of school experience, work experience, professional development and skills will also be taken into account (2 to 5 years in an office setting) if applicant has not completed post-secondary and or high school.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Software Programs, such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and MS Outlook to compile correspondence of letters, memorandums, presentations, reports, etc. Have a high standard of ethics and confidentiality to handle sensitive information. Must be open and willing for recommended training if necessary for upgrading skills by attending training programs, workshops, information sessions, and conferences when available. Cree Language fluency is an asset but applicant must be willing to take language classes if not fluent in Cree. Transcripts will be required to be provided in addition to any completed certificates, diplomas, degrees or professional development, as proof of claimed education levels.
Required to work Monday to Friday, 8:30 am – 4:30 pm, at Planning and Development Services Division, while adhering to the Enoch Cree Nation Human Resources Policy & Procedure Manual.
Closing Date: May 27, 2019
Interview Date: May 30
Start Date: TBD
*Please submit cover letters & resumes to Human Resource Department*
Phone: 780.470.4505 Ext: 2221
*ECN thanks all applicants for their interest in this opportunity. Only candidates considered for the position will be contacted for an interview*
Job Type: Full-time
- executive support: 1 year (Preferred)
- Executive Assistant: 1 year (Preferred)
- Microsoft Applications: 1 year (Preferred)
- Secondary School (Preferred)