To apply please copy and paste this link into your browser and fill out the form:
To provide restaurant guests with a unique and professional dining experience, while maintaining the company’s high standards of quality and excellence.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Maintaining stations in an organized and productive manner.
- Adhering with company policies.
- Responsible for opening duties/closing and ongoing side work.
- Performs other tasks/projects as assigned by management.
- Working closely with chef and FOH manger,
- Oversee kitchen staff training, food preparation, product quality and cooking execution
- Prepare and cook individual dishes or entire meals
- Ensure sanitary cooking conditions and appropriate safe food handling
- Assist in food cost, labor and other kitchen controllables, monitoring and ordering of supplies
- Recruit and hire staff, supervise activities and instruct cooks in preparation, cooking, garnishing and presentation of food
- Communicate needs with vendors/suppliers for daily inventory
- Assist with weekly inventory counts.
- Preparing weekly schedules and managing day off requests.
- Help implement kitchen systems
- Managing cleaning routines.
- Command line from the Call finish station, monitoring the quality of food. Ensuring appropriate ticket times and quality of dish with the highest level of finesse.
Qualifications and Skills
- 3 years minimum experience -- management level in restaurant industry
- Certification of culinary training or apprenticeship, red seal and/or journeyman certificate is an asset
- FOODSAFE certified
- Must have a passion for the business, a love for food, as well as the desire to engage and impact guests
- Comprehensive understanding and ability to work all stations in kitchen effectively
- Strong interpersonal and conflict resolution skills
- Basic business math and accounting skills and personal computer literacy
- Ability to teach, coach, mentor and motivate staff
- Ability to adapt and flex to last minute requests and sudden changes / good decision making skills
- Must be able to work and lead all ages
- Be able to multi-task and maintain a professional and upbeat demeanor while under pressure.
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills and conflict resolution
- Must be able to work quickly and efficiently.
- Physical requirements: walk or stand for long periods of time, bending, lifting up to 100kg. Be able to hear, speak and see without impairment.
- A love of food and desire to learn
- A positive outlook and regard for the people you work with
- Dedication to a clean, safe, and organized work space
- Aspiration to be part of a busy and expanding restaurant with a great family of staff
- MUST HAVE A SENSE OF HUMOR!
Start Date April 15
*Staff housing available
Job Type: Full-time