PIPE SPOOL/PRESSURE VESSEL FOREMAN
A fabrication shop in the Foothills is looking for an experienced Foreman to be a motivating manager for employees and schedule the workflow to produce quality products to meet our customer’s needs. Must be comfortable dealing with employee issues, coaching, training, and maintaining all records of production. The successful candidate will continuously work to improve the product and work safely.
JOB DUTIES INCLUDE:
- Supervise and coordinate all activities of fabricators and welders in the shop.
- Responsible for safety and scheduling of all assigned work.
- Foster a climate of continuous improvement in safety, production, personnel relations, equipment, maintenance, and plant efficiency.
- Directly supervise employees in work tasks to verify and ensure conformance to specifications, drawings, procedures, quality, schedule, and budget.
- Interprets and explains company policy to workers and also enforces safety and environmental regulations. Interpret specifications, blueprints, sketches and work orders to employees.
- Recommend measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of customer product.
- Suggest changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of workers.
- Train employees, perform planning, assigning, and directing of work.
- Reward and discipline employees.
- Provide safety, equipment operation and procedural training to fabrication shop staff, as needed.
- Supervisor of fabrication shop with a minimum 3 years of experience.
- 5 years of hands on experience in the layout, fitting, and welding of spools, vessels and modular assembly.
- Must be able to read and interpret blue prints and schematics.
- Experienced in QA/QC programs and procedures.
- Expert level knowledge of all welding methods, procedures, and quality control.
- Working knowledge of all tools and equipment i.e. overhead cranes, saws, iron workers, shears, breaks, welding equipment.
- Knowledge of safety standards.
- The ability to communicate and work effectively with all levels of employees: managers, field personnel, and direct reports.
NO PHONE CALLS OR AGENCIES PLEASE
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent