The Crew Leader is responsible for supervising maintenance staff and performs all maintenance services. The Crew Leader maintains company equipment and oversees the day-to-day operations of the Maintenance Crew. This individual must ensure that crew members are following company policies and rules.This individual must communicate critical information to the Supervisor concerning leading his/her team in the achievement of scheduled duties.
- Core Competencies
- Accountability and Dependability
- Creative and Innovative Thinking
- Decision Making and Judgement
- Ethics and Integrity
- Operating Equipment
- Planning and Organizing
- Problem Solving
- Team Work
- Time Management
- Coordinate and monitor day-to-day operations – direct activities of Landscape Maintenance Labourers as per work orders and fill out daily work logs.
- Initiate safety concerns and make judgment on the best methods of completing tasks.
- Report vehicle defects, accidents, or damage to vehicles/equipment.
- Report defective material and report those and any unusual situations to Operations Manager.
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
- Perform regular preventive maintenance on machines and equipment.
- Manage and supervise the maintenance crew and ensure that all requisite tasks are handled quickly and efficiently.
- Use a variety of hand and power tools.
- Responsible for cutting, trimming, cleaning up beds, planting, sodding, turf management, general grounds keeping, etc.
- Report defective material and report those and any unusual situations to Supervisor and Office
- Set priorities for preventative maintenance work orders, maintenance requisitions and scheduled work.
- Maintain adequate supplies and equipment for the crew.
- Assist in the orientation and training of staff.
- Perform all other duties as assigned or needed.
- Highly motivated and able to work independently and as a team.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in landscaping or property maintenance.
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills.
- Ability to multi-task and establish priorities.
- Proven abilities in leadership (minimum 1 year experience leading a crew of 4-5 people)
- Possess a valid driver's license.
- Excellent time management and project management skills.
- Ability to interpret and apply company policies and procedures.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times.
- Competitive wages
- Attractive benefits package
Other companies may call this job: Full Time, Full-Time, Landscape, Landscaper, Labour, Foreman, Supervisor, Crew Leader
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $22.00 to $25.00 /hour
- English (Preferred)