As a global leader in student-managed learning opportunities, we are committed to developing leaders at Lakeland College. It’s something we excel at because of our exceptional team. Their passion and commitment to academic excellence, innovation and achievement is what sets Lakeland apart, as an educator and an employer. Join our team and be part of helping our students take the lead not only into the future, but today.
- Assisting students on a regular basis by helping with various needs or problems such as: Walk Safe program on campus, parking problems, noise complaints, room lock outs, unwanted guests, etc
- General protection of campus property through mobile and foot patrols
- Monitoring and reporting of criminal activity while checking areas and watching for individuals who are banned from campus
- Through regular patrol, monitor for any suspicious activity (e.g. strange vehicle after hours, possible break-ins, vandalism)
- Supplying 24 hour shift coverage on weekends gives the campus protection and availability of assistance for staff and students
- Liaison between students, College staff and outside agencies (RCMP, Ambulance, Hospital, City/Town, and Municipality)
- Routine checks ensuring all buildings: locked, no doors propped, windows left open, lights on at entrance, all doors closed properly, changing door batteries etc
- Monitoring security camera and alarm monitoring systems on a continuous basis
- Provide a professional approach to interactions with staff, students and guests of Lakeland College
- High school diploma
- Preference given to candidates with the Alberta Basic Security Training Certification, but are willing to train
- Maintain/hold current driver’s license, have a clean criminal record, Standard First Aid and CPR
- Excellent interpersonal skills, strong leadership, organization, problem solving, and decision making skills are required
These are Casual AUPE appointments at the Vermilion campus commencing as soon as possible, and ending June 30, 2020. Shifts are eight hours in length and include working evening and/or weekends.
Competition will remain open until June 30, 2020. All resumes are to be submitted electronically on our website www.Lakelandcollege.ca
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority. If suitable Canadian citizens or permanent residents cannot be found, other individuals will be considered. Those selected for an interview will be contacted.